Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ban Jimmy Houston

Old 02-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Ban Jimmy Houston

Well I'd have to say if JIMMY HOUSTON wouldn't of made a bad choice to go pen hunting than none of the posts bashing him would be non exisitent. So the questionshould be asked again. He made his bed now he will sleep in it.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:16 PM
Giant Nontypical

A.J. you just don't get it buddy .. to most of is its NOT that he shot a buck behind a high fence ... its not even that he shot one in a petting zoo if its legal who are we to judge ... BUT the fact that he shot this buck and tried to pass it off to his fans ..the sponsors and the general public makes it nothing but one BIG FAT LIEand tells me he must think the rest of us are idiots...and if he lied about THAT then I find it hard to beleive anything else he says except for what he said under oath ..and that is public record and appears to be very incriminating... and the fact hestruck a deal with the district attorney's office to turn states evidence shows he was guilty of something .... when you elevate yourself to the position that J.H. as achived then your held to ahigher standardand he has to be accountable... of course like a lot of BIG MONEY he got out of it becasue he through the other guy under the bus ..which if nothing else tells me he has no honor or charactor.

dd
Old 02-06-2006, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

I bet with all the negative attention he is getting right now he himself feels trapped in a fence with no where to go.

Sweet justice!!
Old 02-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't Bob Foulkrod hunt in a pen too, and try to pass it off as a fair chase hunt?
Old 02-06-2006, 08:34 PM

ORIGINAL: AJ52

Bunch Of Cowboys! What FACTS - Other than some silly edited video! Wait till you get ALL the facts(before,during,after) before you trash a mans life and career.

Been enough said here with respect to the negative aspects of Houstons actions in one day than has been said and done by all the PETA members in the past decade.

Who's destroying who's reputation in the hunting community.
Well, here is what I know for fact. Under oath, in a court of law, he stated that the description of it being 3-6 acres was accurate. He also said, under oath, that the video was correct, and not altered. The clip we saw was just cut short, but the same thing. This is all public information if you look it up. I also know, for a fact, Jimmy Houston LIED to me during our conversation on the phone last Friday evening. He told me, and I quote, "I said, under oath, that the enclosure was 1200 acres. I could see one fence, on one side, but could NOT see any others." Those were his exact words to me, and that is a bald face LIE.

Another fact. Jimmy Houston was cited in Pike county Illinois for hunting without a license. I can pull up the link to the court website if you like.

This man is a role model for kids all across this country. Is this the type of person you want your kids looking up to?
Old 02-07-2006, 12:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

It went through court and he had to cut a deal to save his sorry hide...thats enough of a FACT for me. I wonde rhow many versions he has circulated of this story?
Old 02-07-2006, 07:40 AM

i can't see the video. i have shockwave but when i click play the window just disappears. anyone have any other links? anyone else have this problem?
Old 02-07-2006, 10:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

DD - No I don't get it. I'm hard headed on how I'm going to react to this whole Jimmy Houston hunting Cluster.I've always liked the guy. Don't recall any fisherman that have run into him at shows that had a bad thing to say.
Now that he's in trouble I'm not gonna crucify the guy - YET.

Hey Look at it this way - Maybe we can get 10k hits outa this thread.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:03 AM

It's a joke , most of those tv shows. I personally don't watch them, they all are like hunting on a game sanctuary but if thats what your into might as well take your kids to the zoo and do a little hunting while your there.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with most of the replies here. JH should be held responsible by the law and the community for his actions. The facts speak for themselves. I DO NOT agree with you guys that are bunching all the TV shows together because of this one guy. I have filmed for 3 tv shows for the last 4 years and have NEVER seen anything but fair chase hunting. Do they pay to hunt great locations, yes, but never high fenced or penned animals. Don't lump everyone together. I also know a bunch of TV personalities in the hunting industry, and believe me, this makes them sick and they would never do this kind of thing.

Quick Reply: Ban Jimmy Houston

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.