Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Fatal hunting accident

Old 01-20-2006, 08:32 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Fatal hunting accident

Why should it be illegal?
Old 01-20-2006, 09:28 AM

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

I too am willing to bet that there are as many, if not MORE hunting accidents during the day than at night..
well that's a remarkable statistic seeing as how 95% of hunting is done during the day [:-]
LOL...my thoughts exactly

It is much more difficult to determine your target at night, I don't care how carefull or experienced you are.

The point here is you just can't go shooting at eye's!
Old 01-20-2006, 09:41 AM

what kind of moron would shoot at a pair of eyes he saw in the woods?
Old 01-20-2006, 11:14 AM
Boone & Crockett

There are far more morons that shoot atan unidentifiedflash of brown in the middle of the day, than unidentified eyes at night.

Check out North Carolina Report of Hunting and Hunting Related Accidents and Fatalities, 2004-2005.They include info on the types of animals being hunted and the times in which accidents occurred. Nocturnal animals aren;t even listed as a category where accidents occurred. Furthermore, 52 accidents were reported as occurring between 6AM and 8PM compared to only 2 occurring between 8PM and 6AM.

If you don;t like legal night hunting, that's your right. But trying to argue that it is more dangerous and should be banned is playing right into the hands of the anti-hunting folks. Its also similar to the dog hunting debate. The folks that know the least about it are arguing the strongest against it.
Old 01-20-2006, 11:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

So, are you nowsuggestingthat daytime hunting is so much more widespread and dangerous (from a gross numbers perspective) that it should be banned for safety reasons
huh? that's quite the conclusion you drew from my post. Yes lance you are correct again I think hunting should be banned for safety reasons......WOW![:-]

I'm simply suggesting it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out more hunting accidents will occur when more people are in the woods (during the day). I know that's pretty deep for you to grasp but give it a try. I'm here for ya if you need further explanation. How you took this concept and turned it into me wanting hunting banned is pretty amazing.

e=mc2
Old 01-20-2006, 11:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

NY,

You are the one not grasping things. In an earlier post I clearly indicated the need to consider both gross numbers and percentages when considering accidents in daytime vs. night.Its called reading comprehension, look into it.
Old 01-20-2006, 02:48 PM

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

go figure...........

just one of those "grey area" laws I suppose.
What a shame........ human life for a game animal? Not a chance I'd be taking.
NY, In ohio this is not a "grey area" at all. It is perfectly legal to hunt yotes at night. I put this on so that others could learn that eventhough we are in the right and Legal we need to be on the defense while in the feild. Please dont turn this post into a big argument by making Innuendo's about previous post. And Lanse, try to step back from the hole, don't let it suck you in.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

You're right Hotburn, but I did feel compelled to lay out some actualfacts and offer an informed opinion. Beyond that, to quote someone from another post, "you can't argue with crazy."
Old 01-20-2006, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

i am just saying i now of peoples houses that get shot at night now coon huntin is a different thing you have to look in a tree to see the target i worded it wrong plus i think that there are alot of morons out there that would shoot at a pair of eyes in the woods and you can get the yotoes to come to a call in the day not as effective but it does work
Old 01-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Oneshot7

i am just saying i now of peoples houses that get shot at night now coon huntin is a different thing you have to look in a tree to see the target i worded it wrong plus i think that there are alot of morons out there that would shoot at a pair of eyes in the woods and you can get the yotoes to come to a call in the day not as effective but it does work
Restricting methods of hunting isn't going to make the idiots any safer. Always be sure of the target and what is beyond. If we started restricting hunting methods for everyonebecause of a few people's failure to follow the rules of gun safety, pretty soon we wouldn't be hunting.

Quick Reply: Fatal hunting accident

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.