Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Fatal hunting accident

Old 01-19-2006, 02:54 PM

Default RE: Fatal hunting accident

We had a hunter shot and killed a few years ago but it was the guy that got shot who was the idiot. He had a full body cape, head and antlers of an elk and he hung it up in some trees to make it look like an elk was standing there. He crawled underneath the cape and started to bugle. So a hunter came along and shot at the cape and the shot killed the guy immediately.
Old 01-19-2006, 03:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

go figure...........

just one of those "grey area" laws I suppose.
What a shame........ human life for a game animal? Not a chance I'd be taking.
I couldn't agree more!
Old 01-19-2006, 05:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Fellas, fellas, fellas, it is legal to hunt a variety of animals at night. It is a different type of hunting that requires caution just like other types. And accidents do happen. Please don't start jumping on the anti-night (legal) hunting bandwagon just because your are not familiar with it.I don't have the facts and figures, but I am willing to bet that there are as many or more daylight hunting accidents, in terms of both numbers and percentages, than nightime ones.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Fellas, fellas, fellas, it is legal to hunt a variety of animals at night. It is a different type of hunting that requires caution just like other types. And accidents do happen. Please don't start jumping on the anti-night (legal) hunting bandwagon just because your are not familiar with it. I don't have the facts and figures, but I am willing to bet that there are as many or more daylight hunting accidents, in terms of both numbers and percentages, than nightime ones.
I'm not jumping on any band wagon...and don't assume! I hunt for coyotes at NIGHT! What sucks is someone lost their life!!!!! Thats the issue!
Old 01-19-2006, 05:35 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yes, the loss of life, and the need to exercise caution, are the issues. But, it looked like things were starting to get a little sidetracked in some of the posts.
Old 01-20-2006, 03:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

soooo sad.........
Old 01-20-2006, 07:15 AM
Typical Buck

I agree w/Lanse. Let's not jump on the "anti-night" hunting bandwagon..we already have enough people against hunters in general...I too am willing to bet that there are as many, if not MORE hunting accidents during the day than at night..
Old 01-20-2006, 07:42 AM
Boone & Crockett

I too am willing to bet that there are as many, if not MORE hunting accidents during the day than at night..
well that's a remarkable statistic seeing as how 95% of hunting is done during the day [:-]
Old 01-20-2006, 07:52 AM
Boone & Crockett

NY,

So, are you nowsuggestingthat daytime hunting is so much more widespread and dangerous (from a gross numbers perspective) that it should be banned for safety reasons

Seriously, I think that if you researched the statistics, you would find that the percentage (not gross number of incidents) of accidental deaths from legal nightiime hunting is likely the same or even more likely, lower than daytime incidents.
Old 01-20-2006, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very sad..I agree hunting at night should be illegal...but we all also need to know what we are shooting at.

Quick Reply: Fatal hunting accident

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.