Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Need some help in North Dakota >

Need some help in North Dakota

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need some help in North Dakota

Old 01-12-2006, 09:41 AM
Typical Buck

Default Need some help in North Dakota

My sister recently moved to Bismark and opened a Texas Road House........(for those of you wondering why she would move there)....
I want to go visit and do some deer hunting (rifle)this year........I contacted the state about a license and was trying to find some inexpense way to hunt and the whole process is overwhelming...........any advise or ideas
Old 01-12-2006, 09:44 AM

Default RE: Need some help in North Dakota

Texas, my sister also lives in Bismarck. I think it is pretty tough for a NR to get a rifle tag for deer in ND. It is a lottery system and most of the tags are alotted to the residents. Archery tags are available over the counter though.

Where did she open the Roadhouse?
Old 01-12-2006, 10:17 AM
Typical Buck

I called the badlands folks but they want an arm and leg to hunt.......

she opened the TRH in town somewhere....im not sure of the street, but I'll ask her
Old 01-12-2006, 11:42 AM
Spike

Hey Guys. I live 20 mile from Bismarck. The restaurant your sis opened is hot. You can barely get in to eat. Everybody I have talked to loves the heck out of it. ND is a great place to hunt. There are alot of good places. I know there are a few outfitters and guides here I am not sure as too what they charge and so forth. I know there is one guy who runs a taxidermy shop and is an outfitter. His name isDave Tonneson. He guides up by Newburg North Dakota, here is a website http://www.tonnesonstaxidermy.com/guiding.htm. Also there is a place by McClusky North Dakota also but I am not sure of the name. I know there are some monsters by McClusky. If you guys get up this way you should drop me a line, pm me.
Old 01-13-2006, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

Hey thanks for the info. I really want to get in a good hunt without breaking the bank or myself. I know ND has some monster bucks and this should be the excuse to go get one....
I talked to my sis last night and she said the road house is always crowded, its in the NW part of Bismark......shes a texas girl so i told her dont freeze to death.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:11 AM
Spike

Yeah no kidding, I can imagine that would be a shock coming from Texas to here. Although she got lucky this year it has been a pretty mild winter for this part of the state.