Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whats in a name?

Old 01-13-2006, 10:34 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Whats in a name?

I've been a drummer for almost 18 yearsand I needed a name that i could remember for a hotmail account years ago. Well the louddrummer was already taken so what number wouldn't I forget......um 69. So its just a handle that I've been able to remember. Not too exciting but I wish the 69 wasn't already imbedded in my memory b/c some get the wrong idea.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

WHAT'S it to YA?? kidding of course.

Mine dates back to a nickname I had in my Youth.
Then when these here puters came along ..I started using it for all the boards.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

I love bowhunting!!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2006, 10:51 AM

When I was 18, I had to have the biggest rifle I could find. Started with a 338 win mag, moved up to a 375 H&H, and by the time I was 19 I was shooting a single shot 50 BMG. At the range I shot at, the rangemaster was an old family friend and he always messed with me. On Saturdays when the range was full, as soon as I would set down at a bench, he would announce over the PA in a rather loud tone, "longrifle at the bench, fire in the hole". The nickname longrifle stuck. When I went to sign up here, that was taken so I tacked 1000 on the end.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:02 AM

Its what I call the wife....shorta short for yvonne...been using this name fer years on all kinda sites....might as well use it... she has(takes) all my money and wears the pants too...lol she a good'n thou...she sure can fish for them big mouth lunker bass. Out does me on them plus she drives the boat. (leaves me to drinkn the beer)...hehe
Old 01-13-2006, 11:16 AM

I am a moose hunter and my lucky number and birthday are 21.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

The first surfboard I ever rode was a Quiksilver nine footer. The one I have now is a QS too.

On a deeper note - Quicksilver is another word for Mercury - Latin for cwicsilver - "living silver"
in English, it has been held to mean "liable to sudden unpredictable change; "erratic behavior";"mercurial twists of temperament"; "a quicksilver character, cool and willful at one moment, daring the next"

I thought it was a pretty good fit for my personality and past - so anytime I need an internet handle, that's what I go with.

Also, when I was a kid, I used to shoot up the neighborhood cats and birds with Quicksilver BB's.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: longrifle1000

When I was 18, I had to have the biggest rifle I could find. Started with a 338 win mag, moved up to a 375 H&H, and by the time I was 19 I was shooting a single shot 50 BMG. At the range I shot at, the rangemaster was an old family friend and he always messed with me. On Saturdays when the range was full, as soon as I would set down at a bench, he would announce over the PA in a rather loud tone, "longrifle at the bench, fire in the hole". The nickname longrifle stuck. When I went to sign up here, that was taken so I tacked 1000 on the end.
Jess and here I thought the ladies gave you that name
Old 01-13-2006, 12:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

The first surfboard I ever rode was a Quiksilver nine footer. The one I have now is a QS too.

On a deeper note - Quicksilver is another word for Mercury - Latin for cwicsilver - "living silver"
in English, it has been held to mean "liable to sudden unpredictable change; "erratic behavior";"mercurial twists of temperament"; "a quicksilver character, cool and willful at one moment, daring the next"

I thought it was a pretty good fit for my personality and past - so anytime I need an internet handle, that's what I go with.

Also, when I was a kid, I used to shoot up the neighborhood cats and birds with Quicksilver BB's.
Get a lot of surffin in there in PA do ya?

dd
Old 01-13-2006, 12:10 PM

Jess and here I thought the ladies gave you that name
Hey, I tried to keep it clean.LOL Sometimes truth hurts.

Quick Reply: Whats in a name?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.