Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Whats in a name?

Old 01-11-2006, 08:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Whats in a name?

Many of our huntingnet names are fairly obvious, others are not!
Whats the storybehind your name?
Mine is, I shot an old Bear Whitetail II for years. I bought a new Martin Jaguar Magnum bow, and I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread! changed my screen name from Frank, to JagMagMan!
Old 01-11-2006, 08:41 PM

Default RE: Whats in a name?

Mine might be a little obvious. The 2004 season I went on my first hunt with my uncle, and I was still hunting with a shotgun. I ended up taking a fat seven point buck! I thought it was really awesome so I just put two and two together and got Stillhunt04. But now I'm a bowhunter. (by the way, JagMagMan is a pretty original one, I like it. haha)
Old 01-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Stillhunt04, thats a great memory,something you will never forget! I figure that many of the names here might have a good story behind them!
Old 01-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got the name Skeeter when I was a guide.Long story buta joke we'd(guides) play on the new guests. I basically was dubbed to be the (lack of a better term) hillbilly and at the time had the appearance to make it fly(didn't see a razor to often..lol). Any way it stuck.

The 7mm portion was only b/c Skeeter was not available and I just couldn't get another name....so I became Skeeter 7mm. I added the 7mm, as I shoot a 7mm rem mag.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:41 PM

My name has to do with me and my hunting partner. We find that whenever we hunt together we get what we head out to get and have yet to have a disappointment, but when we dont hunt together we seem to have the worst luck so the nickname between me and him has developed into the lethal connection.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine is self explanitory!!!
Old 01-11-2006, 10:00 PM
Dominant Buck

Rebel Hog, is because I did it may way! Theytrained thierdogs thierway and I train mine my way. My friends were always asking me why I was so rebelious on traditional hog hunting.
Example: I would teach commands in Spanish and Italian and never had a dog stolen in the woods. They would onlycome to a silent dogwhistle and not voice commands. If anyone came and stole my dogs, they would have been useless to them!etc,etc,etc...
Old 01-12-2006, 04:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

Reb,I know you are in Florida, but I had you pictured as a Arkansas Razorback!
Old 01-12-2006, 04:35 AM

Mine isjust silly.
I registered a computer game on line and got a scrambled name. I tried over and over again and it never came a really good nameso when this turned up I thought:3D sounded OK, and depression... well Im a shrink(dont tell anyone or Ill have to take a fee for entering posts)so it will have to work here as well.
Old 01-12-2006, 05:04 AM
Host of Hosts

I don't need to explain mine do I?

Quick Reply: Whats in a name?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.