Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Fishy Story!

Old 01-07-2006, 08:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Fishy Story!

I also had a game warden give me one of the longest, most thorough checks I have ever seen while I was out fishing in a boat. I think it was largely because the gal in the boat with me was a real looker and was wearing a bikini top. I thought that he was gonna spend all day tied up next to us.....
Old 01-07-2006, 08:57 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

I also had a game warden give me one of the longest, most thorough checks I have ever seen while I was out fishing in a boat. I think it was largely because the gal in the boat with me was a real looker and was wearing a bikini top. I thought that he was gonna spend all day tied up next to us.....

Thank God it was'nt about drugs, or he would have done a cavity check!
Old 01-08-2006, 02:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

(For whatever reason, there are many moreGame Wardens on the water in my area, than in the woods!)
That is the most true statement I have seen on the internet in a long time!
Old 01-08-2006, 04:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

i think it was illegal but there was no criminal intent.Some wardens would make you explain it in front of a judge.Also not all warden's tapes are correct.a buddy of mine had a problem like this measuring lobsters.He went to court and proved that the wardens gage was short and won his case.I think you see them more on the water is that there is less water than there is hunting land.Plus they can spot you easier on the water than the woods.Not tomention your armed in the woods they wait for you to come out.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:35 PM

Count yourself lucky. One of my cousins (who doesn't even hunt) was once forced to unload a wagon full of firewood by a game warden who thought that he might have a poached deer hidden under it.
Sorry but that game warden would unload and reload it himself if he wanted to check my truck or wagon. I regularlydo the same thing with inspectors in my line of work. If they want to look inside something I have closed up, they better have their own screwdriver and know how to use it! Again, they work for us, we don't work for them.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

My personal philosophy would be that nothing would get unloaded until after the fight was over.

As for game wardens on the water vs. land, its a no-brainer. You don't see nearly as many women in bikinis sitting in tree stands or duck blinds.
Old 01-08-2006, 01:59 PM

As for game wardens on the water vs. land, its a no-brainer. You don't see nearly as many women in bikinis sitting in tree stands or duck blinds.
sounds true if ya ask me, which leads me to believe we dont have many lookers where i fish. in 10 years of fishing on the exact same lake i've had only 1(!) game warden pull up and check the live-well..which was empty. and i've never seen one in the woods so i just dont know...sneaky little buggers maybe???
Old 01-08-2006, 02:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

So, maybe the ultimate secret is to only take really ugly women fishing.
The same might work for hunting on land. If Roseanne Barr in a thong was out driving deer with you, I think that the GW's would be nowhere to be seen[&:]
Old 01-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Dominant Buck

I get checked pretty often while on the ice and the lake. I always give myself 1/2 inch buffer on fish that are near the minimum limit. If they die they can shrink and become less than the legal limits.
Old 01-08-2006, 07:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Darn Jag I never thought to measure the icebox ruler,you may have saved me from"Poaching".

Quick Reply: Fishy Story!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.