Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Bow
61.18%
Gun
38.82%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Bowhunt or Gunhunt??

Old 12-27-2005, 09:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Bowhunt or Gunhunt??

Plain and simple, if you could ONLY hunt with a gun or a bow, which would it be??? Crossbows obviously fall under Bow and Muzzleloaders and Pistols fall under gun!

Please give only one reason why you would chose this weapon! Whatever the reason!
Old 12-27-2005, 09:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bowhunt or Gunhunt??

For me I love the intimacy of bowhunting!
Old 12-27-2005, 09:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Love the intesity of bowhunting!
Old 12-27-2005, 09:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bow... And I beleive that any "serious" deer hunter, at least in Kansas, would feel the same.
Old 12-28-2005, 04:59 AM

I like to hunt with the bow but I do like the gun. probably I vote for gun. Got a couple of old ones my old man gave me and enjoy telling him of what I harvested with his old guns...He gets all excited when I talk to him. He doesn't hunt but maybe once a year with my younger brother. They live in another state. Dad is getting up there in his years and don't like the cold to much anymore. He still fishes alot thou...
Old 12-28-2005, 06:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bow, definitely.

Sorry but I cant just give one reason but here are the big ones:

1 Hunting the animal on their terms. Your success more often depends on your talents and skills than on the luck involved when someone boots a deer your way in gun season.

2 The weather is nicer

3 The season is longer

4 Bowhunting requires serious commitment and dedication. While there are some very dedicated and committed gun hunters out there, there arevirtuallyno "one day a year nimrods" within the bowhunting ranks.
Please guys, this is not meant to disparage gun hunters. I would say the average member here is definitely a notch or two above the rest regardless of their weapon of choice.

5 Bowhunting is more laid back. In rifle season, each day past opening day, it becomes tougher to find a mature deer. Each day in early archery, your chances are just as good or they get better.

6 WE GET TO HUNT THE RUT
Old 12-28-2005, 06:12 AM
Fork Horn

gun because i just got my first gun for christmas and i like it and want to use it.and its not like im one of the people that need a high power rifle to shoot 200-300 yds just to kill something, and besides i only get one shot with it its a muzzleloader
Old 12-28-2005, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Six months ago (when I thought it was impossible to get one with a bow) I would have said gun, but now after taking one with the bow its all I want to do.
The exception is the social aspect, at gun camp (we only get two weeks and one tag each) we see the old gang, work together during the hunt and get to hear alot of stories. Archery is more of a personal thing because not alot of people do it up here and I usually go out alone.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:27 AM
Typical Buck

I have always hunted with a gun, so I voted that way, but I am looking at purchasing my first bow in the spring. I am looking at a PSE, just to get started.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

My first deer was taken with a bow 43 years ago,I still gun hunt-I like being in the woods, hopefully when I take my last deer it will be with a bow. Just something about being 10yds away from the animal versus 40-200 yds. that makes it seem more exciting to me.

Quick Reply: Bowhunt or Gunhunt??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.