Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
Bow
61.18%
Gun
38.82%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Bowhunt or Gunhunt??

Old 12-28-2005, 05:42 PM

Default RE: Bowhunt or Gunhunt??

I hunt with both, but if I had to pick just one it would be the gun. It is just a more effective means of harvesting an animal to me. But the main reason is I really LOVE to shoot my bow. And during bow season it pretty nice out still. I'm getting to the point where I would rather be at home shooting my bow than sitting in a stand looking at it.

When I first got a bow I had no intention of hunting with it, that was not the purpose. I wanted to learn archery and really like to shoot. Hunting with it was just sort of a natural progression.

What I would really like to do is try pistol hunting, that looks kind of fun.

Paul
Old 12-28-2005, 05:46 PM

I would shoot with a bow if I could.
Old 12-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

More of a challenge, I just love bowhunting!
Old 12-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never felt the need to make hunting challenging, to make it as hard as possible, quite the contrary. That would be like fishing witha spear.I dont have an ego trip, or need to make my self feel maucho about killing a deer with a bow. Dead is dead.
I like bowhunting and killed one doe this year with my bow, but rifle hunting is by far more productive, and I like to eat deer meat, lots of it.
I voted for rifle.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Bowhunting- hands down! I feel like it's much more of an accomplishment to take a deer with a bow. It's more gratifying after all the time you've spent practicing with your bow, scouting, hanging stands, and sitting in a tree stand. I'm not saying that gun hunters don't go through the same things but in my area a lot of gun hunters only go out during the 1 week shotgun season or 1 week muzzleloader season. And then deer drives are the method to get deer moving so it's easy for anyone to get a shot at a deer. Nothing at all against gun hunting (I go myself sometimes) but I feel that there is more skill involved with the bow.
Old 12-28-2005, 06:32 PM
Typical Buck

Bow. More fun for me.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bow! Take all reasons already mentioned for bow and that sums it up for me.

Hey DD

They have this new invention out now that will get you back to bowhunting.
Their called glasses! They even have special doctors that examine your eyes and everything.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:49 AM

I agree with all the other bow hunters out there. In fact, I'm probably going to give up on gun hunting for deer all together. I just find more pleasure in bowhunting. I feel like you have to put forth a lot more effort to be a good bow hunter. This is only my second year with a bow and I've taken my first deer with a bow this year. It was an awsome feeling. I started off with a gun my first year and my little brother talked me into trying a bow. It just seems like I've learned a lot more about hunting all together when I'm sitting in the stand with my bow.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:16 AM
Typical Buck

bow, like some others said, better season, more deer, better wx. much quieter too.
Old 12-29-2005, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

Its no contest in my eyes......hands down.....BOWHUNTING!! I dont need to meantion the thousand ways its better.

Quick Reply: Bowhunt or Gunhunt??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.