Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How to hunt this buck ..field Pics >

How to hunt this buck ..field Pics

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How to hunt this buck ..field Pics

Old 12-28-2005, 09:26 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: How to hunt this buck ..field Pics

This is just how I would set up this area. I would setup a digital trail cam on the few of the most active scrapes. I would set up one on the most active scrape closest to what you assume is his bedding area, one in the middle of the scrape line on an active scape and one on an active scrape near to the feeding or browsing area. I would set up the cams to not use flash, (either shut flash off on cam or set cams up for day only) This would be not to alert him in any way. I would check the cams in about 3 days. Then go through and find him and see if this can tell you his patterna and what direction he takes and when he checks these scrapes. Then determine if it is possible to setup in one of the cam areas or if you need to go more into a certian direction to narrow his travel route down.

JMO
~Jeff