Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Tracking wounded deer after dark >

Tracking wounded deer after dark

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Tracking wounded deer after dark

Old 12-24-2005, 03:56 PM

Default RE: Tracking wounded deer after dark

I think that some Of the guys would of had fun with this situation! Was he by himself?

[/align]
[blockquote]
ORIGINAL: BTBowhunter

Here's just one example of a Barney Fife deputy:

About 15 minutes before quitting time, Ihit a deer with a handgun. Itwas hit hard but ran out of sight. Becauselight was about to fade I took up the trail immediately. It got up and stumbled away definitely hit hard so I marked my trail to return later. I was back in a bit and by the time my buddy and I came out to the roadit was 1/2 hour after dark. We were walking the road toward the truck and as we walked past a parked Bronco the door flew open and a guy in a suit and tie jumped out and into my face (6-8 inches away) and said "comin out pretty late aint ya!" I responded by saying we were tracking a deer and that our guns were unloaded. He pushed himself closer and yelled "what are you gettin so smart for?" I did get smart at that point and said " Who the f___ are you to even ask?" (remember, siut and tie, no uniform, no badge, and he didnt identify himself verbally) At that point, he turned around and reached into his car and came out with his badgeand A GUN POINTED AT OUR KNEES. I wont drag out every detail but he kept us there for half an hour trying to find something wrong with our licenses gear etc. He wasnt exactly careful with that gun and was generall a horses butt till we left. I also made the mistake of telling him that we'd be back with lights, but no guns,to find the deer. He was still waiting there. Rather than put up with him again, we kept going and came into the woods from another road.

Unfortunaetly this is the type of attitude I see in too many of our PAdeputies.
[/blockquote]
Old 12-24-2005, 05:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Tracking wounded deer after dark

Some of the comments in this thread is the reason I thank god alot of you don't Bowhunt!