Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Im am sick SICK SICK !

Old 12-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Im am sick SICK SICK !

Don't want to sound like a smartass, but from the sound of things, it was a legal shoot.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:16 PM
Dominant Buck

Look at it this way DD. You took him out and it didn't turn out like you would have wanted it to. The deed is done and it is your chance to really make a difference in this hunter’s life. Talk with him and tell him how you feel about his decision to shoot. If you make him see what sportsmanship is all about then perhaps some day he can repeat the learning on another rookie. I made lots of mistakes with my dad until I got it right and was the type of hunter that he was. We all need to be teachers when it comes to sportsmanship...... CI

Old 12-22-2005, 06:21 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

Don't want to sound like a smartass, but from the sound of things, it was a legal shoot.
LCC you missed the whole point. DD will make it right. It isn't about what is legal it is aboutethics.If it a new subject to you then I hope this forum can help change that.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Doc,
I've been aroud here for awhile just not lately (life happens) and believe I can take it w/o crying too bad

NY---Go ahead poindexter and read me the regulation while I end this poor animals suffering---Beware night crawler hunters during deer season when two guys w/a flashlight at point blank range from a livedeer are mentioning something about ".....go ahead and shoot it again...."
Old 12-22-2005, 06:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Champlain,

dunno what to tell you. I have heard a lot of people on this site defend other unethical behavior because it is technically within the letter of the law. If he's going to eat the thing, then he's better than some folks who shoot a big buck for the rack and then throw most of the meat out the next year because its tough and gamey orthey just don't like venison.

Never heard of catching nightcrawlers in the bottom of a gulley in mid-december.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

Look at it this way DD. You took him out and it didn't turn out like you would have wanted it to. The deed is done and it is your chance to really make a difference in this hunter’s life. Talk with him and tell him how you feel about his decision to shoot. If you make him see what sportsmanship is all about then perhaps some day he can repeat the learning on another rookie. I made lots of mistakes with my dad until I got it right and was the type of hunter that he was. We all need to be teachers when it comes to sportsmanship...... CI

C.I. deep down I know your right but it STILL just chaps my butt ..I mean this man is 34 years old for CHRIST sake ....plus I warned him about these two yearlings being around where he was hunting ..discribed them to him ... I hadseen them 4 or 5 timesbut again I am sure your right my friend ... I need to swollow this and try and explain to him WHY my butt is chapped ... but I doubt I will ever take him hunting again ...

dd
Old 12-22-2005, 06:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

NY---Go ahead poindexter and read me the regulation while I end this poor animals suffering---Beware night crawler hunters during deer season when two guys w/a flashlight at point blank range from a livedeer are mentioning something about ".....go ahead and shoot it again...."
You go right ahead and poach deer if you'd like there "hillbilly bob". I'll continue to hunt my way.

Bottom line is whether it's nightcrawler pickers, a dog wandering, a homeless person, or whatever the case may be shooting times are made for a reason. Know your target and BEYOND!! If you want to condone poaching and unethcial shots than go right ahead.

two guys w/a flashlight at point blank range from a livedeer are mentioning something about ".....go ahead and shoot it again...."
This statement alone shows what kind of hunter you are and condone. Not for me thanks.What power is your spotlight 3 or 4 million candle?

Sugar coat it anyway you people would like because it's the legandary DOCTOR DEATH, but at the end it's a piss poor unethical shot!
Old 12-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

What would you do? camp out beside of him til morning? Walk away and come back later?
I still get a kick out of this one. That's a classic!
Old 12-22-2005, 06:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

he thinks Jackie Bushman died and left HIM the "Deer God"
!

Dont hardly think I the deer God there DD. I dont' even think I deserve my own TV show. Kind of the pot calling the kettle black there isn't it.Call me crazy but I just have something against night hunting.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just to clarify, is it illegal to use a spotlight to track and dispatch a deer that waswounded under legal conditions?

Next to December nightcrawler hunters, I would think that homeless people are the second most threatened groupwhen it comes to dealing with wounded deer?How about girlscouts who got lost while selling cookies?

Quick Reply: Im am sick SICK SICK !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.