Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Im am sick SICK SICK !

Old 12-22-2005, 05:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Im am sick SICK SICK !

..about 10min later I saw eyes looking back at my light ...it was down but still alive ...I got a sick feeling this was o ne of the yearlings ...I held the light on the deer at about 40 yards and he shot again

I sure hope you have some different sort of hunting laws in Alabama than we do in NY.[:'(]
Held the light on the deer?
Saw eyes?
shot?

* I will refrain from passing further judgementwith the hopes of there being a logical explanation.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well they do allow us to use a light to blood trail with ... a flash light ..Surefire ... and leave it to you to want to "pass judgement" NY ....

dd

Old 12-22-2005, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

You have complained about this, yet you took him hunting. So I would assume, that overall you feel positive about the guys character. Now the decision is really yours and you have to determine in your heartwhether this guy is worth further guidance or not.

Could it be that he was excited and under internal pressure to validate himself as a hunter or down deep is he wreckless and disrespectful of the critter. The one thing I don't like is that he wanted to give up on the blood trail (as long as you as the experienced hunter were maintaining a good attitude during the original process).

I think if this is a good guy down deep then the loss of the deer is minimal. If not, then perhaps it was your error in taking him in the first place. If you were unsure about him, but wanted to give him a chance, then good for you. Now it's your turn to decide if you want to help someone who could be worthy or solidify your feelings of apprehension and leave a bad taste in both your mouths.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sure hope you have some different sort of hunting laws in Alabama than we do in NY.[:'(]
Held the light on the deer?

Saw eyes?
shot?
gimme a break NY, If I was sure that that was the wounded animal, I would try to dispatch as fast as possible, no matter what.My main concern is the suffering animal. What would you do? camp out beside of him til morning? Walk away and come back later? BS.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: hillbillyhunter1

Could it be that he was excited and under internal pressure to validate himself as a hunter or down deep is he wreckless and disrespectful of the critter. The one thing I don't like is that he wanted to give up on the blood trail (as long as you as the experienced hunter were maintaining a good attitude during the original process).
H.B. its could be a due to a couple of the reasons you listed ..and that is why I feel I am as responsable for this happening as he was .. I am mad at myself more so then at him BUT I do think he knew better ...and I wanted him to know that I was very dissippointed in him ...I think he got the point without me having to say anything ..

dd
Old 12-22-2005, 05:45 PM
Fork Horn

i think the guy would have to prove himself alittle before i took him hunting again, i only wonder if he would have found any of the other deer he shot if he stayed on the blood trail long enough??
Old 12-22-2005, 05:48 PM
Boone & Crockett

gimme a break NY, If I was sure that that was the wounded animal, I would try to dispatch as fast as possible, no matter what.My main concern is the suffering animal.
I think maybe my concern would be the little kid at the bottom of the gully picking nightcrawlers. I guess we all have our priorities though.

What would you do? camp out beside of him til morning? Walk away and come back later?
uhhhhhhhh yeah probably either of them. I've done both. Maybe you need to brush up on how torecover an animal. It doesn't involve chasing it and taking shots in the dark at it.
Old 12-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

H.B.H. you have to take N.Y. with a grain of salt ..he loves to bust my chops everytime he gets a chance ... he thinks Jackie Bushman died and left HIM the "Deer God" ! ...I just consider the source..I mean any grown man that beleives in Big Foot ..LOL ..Beam Me up Scottie !

dd

Old 12-22-2005, 05:58 PM
Boone & Crockett

Old 12-22-2005, 06:04 PM

He can't be that bad of a person if he's your sons friend, can he be?

Quick Reply: Im am sick SICK SICK !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.