Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Pictures of stand you built

Old 12-22-2005, 11:05 AM

Default Pictures of stand you built

I've asked people on the board for ideas on how to build a wood tower stand before but anybody have any pictures they'd like to share. I'm going to undertake building one this winter and just thought it would be fun to see the stands people are proud of. Thanks and happy happy holidays or merry christmas!
Old 12-22-2005, 11:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Pictures of stand you built

ORIGINAL: chucker34

I've asked people on the board for ideas on how to build a wood tower stand before but anybody have any pictures they'd like to share.

deer stand plans, deerstand, deer blind, box stand plans

Old 12-22-2005, 11:17 AM

I think you can find some online without having to pay for them. Just use your imagination and a little common sense. I built one for my backyard bow practice. My uncle build a freaken play house for a deer stand. At the bottom where the latter is, is a wood stove. So it stays warm inside the whole stand and he has mounted a computer chair so it just goes around in cirlces and is pretty comfortable. I like it but where I hunt if I were to do that, there would be an imaginary sign that says "All is welcome don't mind who the stand belongs to, just hunt in it and tell him to take a hike"
Old 12-22-2005, 11:44 AM

Thanks for the replies. I already pretty much know what I'm planning - something along the lines of what you see on the site Rebel Hog provided. Though I'm planning on a railing or low walls instead of a closed in box on top so I can use it for archery hunting too. Just wanted to see if anyone had pics of a stand they had built. Kind of fun to get some additional ideas.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I sure do like seeing some of those Wooden Hotel on Stilts out in the big farm fields, while I'm sitting in the treestand in below-zero temps.
Old 12-22-2005, 06:59 PM

You mean like this?

I don't have any plans for it though, we built three of them at the same time and the other two guys do construction so they just winged it pretty much. They are framed just like a house pretty much. About 300 bucks in materials not including the glass and nails. We already had them.

Outside dimensions are 4X4X6 at the highest point. No bowhunting out of this one, snyper tower only.

Paul
Old 12-22-2005, 07:16 PM

why does it look like there's glass in the windows?
Old 12-23-2005, 01:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I built my first box stand this fall, and I can shoot my bow out of it.

Here it is, if you'd like more info on it feel free to let me know. I can also take more detailed pics, this picture was taken from 1/2 mile.

Old 12-23-2005, 02:07 PM

there were some NICE stands on some land we use to own but when we sold it we never wen't and got the stands. I should've went and got them. They were the kind someone paid money to have built for them. I don't know who but some of the guys that leased it from us had them build.
Old 12-23-2005, 03:55 PM

There is glass in the windows. They are completely sealed to the elements, critters and bugs. There is a double screen vent on the top in the front and one on the bottom in the back for ventilation during the summer when it gets hot. The windows swing back and up. The front window comes all the way up and fits into the framing on the inside wall. The side windows open and latch to the ceiling.

If It's kind of nice or there is a lot of activity I leave the front window open. If it's really nasty I close it and wait till I see a deer to open it. It's not as hard it sounds, only takes me a few seconds and deer don't have clue I am even there. Hasn't cost me a shot yet. I can hunt this blind in any weather no matter how bad, I have been in it with 60 mile an hour wind gusts and driving rain before.

Paul

Quick Reply: Pictures of stand you built

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.