Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Ever fall out of your stand?

Old 12-18-2005, 04:28 PM

Default RE: Ever fall out of your stand?

I never leave home w/o my HSS!
Old 12-18-2005, 06:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I wouldn't get up in a tree if I knew there was a $100 bill up there. And no, I've never fallen off my bucket in my gound blind.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:52 AM
Typical Buck

I fell about five years ago. 25 feet. I'm lucky. I missed the second step out of my loc on and fell. a step caught me under the arm, turned me and I was on my way. after I woke up, I couldn't breath. after I got to the hospital, they told me I had a concussion, two seperated shoulders, broken ribs, broken wrist, a nice cut on my right thigh and armpit, internal bleeding and bruised internals. I use my seat o the pants now and I just bought the safety fall guy system that keeps you attatched all the way up and back down the tree.
Old 12-19-2005, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

I never came close to falling, but I can easily see how it could happen. So when I get as high as I'm gonna climb, I fasten the safety harness to the tree just in case. I have often thought about my guns or bow falling from the tree though. I wonder how much damage would result from that?
Old 12-19-2005, 11:59 AM

ORIGINAL: Lanse couche couche

My cousin fell out of his stand. His feet hit on each side of a log and it sprained both ankles. It is a valuable lesson about one of the many dangers of getting stoned while you are deer hunting.
Can you please let me know where he hunts so I know never to go there?
Old 12-19-2005, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

no but i still wear a harness
Old 12-20-2005, 09:50 AM
Dominant Buck

I had the bottom portion of my climber slip on me last bow season , but my harness kept me from falling and the cord between the top and bottom parts kept the bottom from going any further .
Old 12-20-2005, 10:58 AM
Fork Horn

Thankfully, I've never fallen or had any close calls that I can remember. My Dad, was hunting with a buddy on a piece of property that he had never been to. He picked out a tree for the hunt, climbed up about 15 feet and fell straight back out of his stand. From what my Dad told me, he fell and landed flat on his back. He proceeded to knock his stand down with a long piece of a deadfall and then drove the 60-80 miles home. No serious injury, but it makes me much more careful each time I use my climber.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:16 PM
Fork Horn

I have never hit the ground, but I have had my stand slide down the tree 10-15 feet. I wear a harness at all times now. I think that was somebody trying to tell me something.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

Never...knock, knock!

Quick Reply: Ever fall out of your stand?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.