Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Lee and Tiffany's Hunts are up!

Old 12-16-2005, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Lee and Tiffany's Hunts are up!

It's funny how some start putting down many hunting shows when the advertise products to make money. If they do this for a living they have to make money. No one is making you buy the products. Ever watch the Superbowl? You don't have to buy or believe in all the products in the commercials in order to enjoy the game.

Then there's always the guys who think that just because they hunt public ground that sucks that everyone else should do the same. God forbid they hunt a spot that they have a chance at taking a big buck. How many shows would be around if they didn't have sponsors and only took does and 4 pointers from public ground.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:02 PM

ORIGINAL: Kybuckhunter

It's funny how some start putting down many hunting shows when the advertise products to make money. If they do this for a living they have to make money. No one is making you buy the products. Ever watch the Superbowl? You don't have to buy or believe in all the products in the commercials in order to enjoy the game.

Then there's always the guys who think that just because they hunt public ground that sucks that everyone else should do the same. God forbid they hunt a spot that they have a chance at taking a big buck. How many shows would be around if they didn't have sponsors and only took does and 4 pointers from public ground.
Well put.

Then the same peoplewould be complaining that there's not enough hunting shows on TV.
Old 12-16-2005, 02:17 PM
Host of Hosts

Not only are they sharing the outdoors with everyone, they are trying to help others learn about the outdoors in a positive light
I'm bored of this argument so I'll address this statement then leave the post to the rest of you guys...

Yes, they are sharing the outdoors with people, but are they at the same time misleading some folks to believe they can go out and kill bucks like that in their ownbackyards? Some people can and do. All I'm getting at is not only Lee & Tiffiny's show is unrealistic they all are. The Drury's, Realtree Roadtrips,Mossy Oak Classics,ect... I like and watch all these shows regularly. But for those who haven't hunted before I don't see these shows as "positive". They falsely lead people to beleive that these are easy deer to access and kill.At the same time one of you stated that if they showed average bucks killed by you and me on these shows the shows would be a failure. Deer and Deer Hunting, show average kills alot on their show and its a huge success. I'm not picking on Lee and Tiff at all like I said I like them both. Just be realistic about things once in awhile and call a spade a spade. Maybe alot of you desire so much to kill that "Buck of a Lifetime" that you sometimes lose focus on reality and fantasy. TV hunting is mostly fantasy.Come hunt the mountains of Pa and try to kill a buck like on the tv shows and you'll get a taste ofMOST hunters reality.

Then there's always the guys who think that just because they hunt public ground that sucks that everyone else should do the same. God forbid they hunt a spot that they have a chance at taking a big buck. How many shows would be around if they didn't have sponsors and only took does and 4 pointers from public ground
MOST again MOST hunters are hunting this kind of "spot" as you call it. You answered the arguement and didn't know it.

God forbid they hunt a spot that they have a chance at taking a big buck
Tell us how 1 million hunters can access the same "spots"? Without 4000.00 dollars anyway
Old 12-16-2005, 02:22 PM

Nice racks.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:26 AM

I tell ya, many of you look way too deep into what is posted around here. I post these things to share the story, no where did say buy something or believe in something. I just shared a story.

It seems like the web has really shot the hunting industry and hunters generally in the foot. Rather then use it to unifiy a very segmented group of people, you decide to rather imploy argumentive and degrating tones to people trying to build and maintain an industry that is constantly at risk both politically and through the "civil wars" in differing opinions.

It is sad that when someboy has success, not just Lee and Tiffany, they instantly have half of the hunters on their backs in terms of ethics and skill. Very few of you know the lengths that these people, agan not just Lee and Tiffany, go to promote a positive and ethical message in their shows, appearances and writing. Scent-Lok recieves thousands of e-mails about Lee and Tiffany and how they are inspiring families, women and children to go out and enjoy our sport. Isn't that is paramount to buying a Scent-Lok suit, or Nikkon bino or Easton arrows.

I guess my final point is rather then focus on if what somebody is doing is in a fence, or how they have something that I won't ever have, or weather they put in a proper amount of time in the field; focus the time on unification of this group that could really change things for the better so future generations could enjoy the great outdoors.

Ending rant now.
Old 12-18-2005, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Bunch a jealous babies! If you could be in their shoes you would, and so would I. I'm sure they worked hard to get where their at. Maybe someday I'll be fortunate enough to own some land of the giants. You know whats funny my buddies brother in law owns one of the best outfitting businesses in the midwest, and I still can't afford a hunt there. If I had the money I would do it but I don't. But why get all made about someone who does. Congrats nice bucks!