Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How on earth?! - Hunter Education >

How on earth?! - Hunter Education

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How on earth?! - Hunter Education

Old 12-12-2005, 04:52 PM

Default How on earth?! - Hunter Education

Ok, you all know that you have to have a hunter education card if you born after a certain date (like 70 something). Anyways, 3 years ago, I took mine at Bass Pro springfield MO, and for a WHOLE week I drove my clunky 89 chevy S10 blazer back and forth with no heat blowing....it was darn cold, and no offense, the course was boring...but I passed it with a 98% and got a cool looking heritage card with ducks on it (why could it have been deer, I dunno, ducks?) Anyways, a friend of mine got into huntin this year and gota tagat Wal-Mart....she got adoe todayand boy was she proud...I came over and congradulated her on her first deer and asked, so did ya take that boring course....she said no....how on earth did she get a tag?! Everytime I go they ask for a hunter safety license...I don't think she could get in trouble, but I told her she needs to get it asap. Could anything happen?
Old 12-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How on earth?! - Hunter Education

I really don't know the answer to that one. If MO is anything like WI you have a Hunters ed #, or a customer ID number and that needs to be entered in order for the license to print out, But I can tell you in WI if your in the military or was in the military and can prove it you don't have to take hunter's Ed.
Old 12-12-2005, 06:57 PM

I dont see how she could Unless someone elses name is on the tag. If she was bor before Jan 1 1969 she is exempt. If she ever got caught she would be in a heap of trouble. I wouldn't worry about it though, I took the class and yes it was boring but I am legal and thats what counts. I would however have her take the class. I think the suspend your hunting rights for a few years if you are caught without one. But then again they have to have something to prove you took it. If you find out how she did it don't post in great detail, thats all we need is more uneducated people out there with rifles.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:46 PM

because you can get your license without taking the course but your supposed to take the course. i have no idea why that is, if she gets caught she would prolly get in trouble.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

SAME HERE, I BUY MY LICENSE AT WAL-MART AND THEY WON'T GIVE YOU A LICENSE WITHOUT THE SAFETY COURSE NUMBER. I DUNNO IF SHE COULD GET IN TROUBLE BECAUSE OF WAL-MART'S MISTAKE. HOWEVER, IF SHE MADE UP A NUMBER AND GAVE IT TO WAL-MART, USING SOMEONE ELSE'S SAFETY COURSE INFO...SHE WOULD BE COMMITTING FRAUD/IDENTITY THEFT, WHICH IS A FELONY HERE IN FLORIDA.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:18 PM

Here in Texas I could buy my license before I took the course, but that was the under 17license where you could either be with a licensed legal adult, or you could bealone if you took the course.
Old 12-12-2005, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Was she hunting her own land?
Old 12-12-2005, 10:39 PM

no, she was hunting on someone else's land...some people she works for.

Just outa curiosity, does it matter hunting on your own property?
Old 12-12-2005, 11:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

i believe in some states, if your hunting your own land/family owned land, you do not need a hunting license.....but i'm not sure. here in florida you have to buy a hunting license no matter what, but you do not have to purchase a management stamp if your hunting private property.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: martinman528

Here in Texas I could buy my license before I took the course, but that was the under 17license where you could either be with a licensed legal adult, or you could bealone if you took the course.
Correct.

Since no one ever asked for it, I thought I didn't have to have it. I later found out it was required the hard way (got stopped by the warden). Not an enjoyable experience.

Quick Reply: How on earth?! - Hunter Education

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.