Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 How on earth?! - Hunter Education >

How on earth?! - Hunter Education

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How on earth?! - Hunter Education

Old 12-12-2005, 11:17 PM

Default RE: How on earth?! - Hunter Education

I asked her how she got them...she said her dad just went to Wal=Mart and bought the tags for her. She said last year she used her dad's tags on their own property and didn't get anything (I guess it's a good thing she didn't...no hunter safety and using dad's tag)...she said that same remark..."it's our own property, they can't do anything about it,"...I kinda question that...I keep telling her to go to the course...she just keeps saying "I got the tags without it, why should I?" Oh well, it's not me...people (even friends) can be ignorant...hopefully she won't get caught.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

what goes around, comes around. you can only cheat the system for so long before it catches up to you.
Old 12-12-2005, 11:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

So you have one thread about your step brother who shoots deer without tags, now one about your "friend" who naver took a hunter safety card (and therefor is hunting illegally), do you not like these people or what???
Old 12-12-2005, 11:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Bionicrooster

So you have one thread about your step brother who shoots deer without tags, now one about your "friend" who naver took a hunter safety card (and therefor is hunting illegally), do you not like these people or what???

Old 12-12-2005, 11:55 PM

lol, honestly I don't like my step-brother (long story), he's very mean to me, and really cocky. and my friend is ticking me off because we argue all the time about her needing to get a hunter education....she keeps telling me it's pointless to go and she can handle a gun....that's not the point...but oh well....at least I'm not mentioning names....Bernie is my step-bro's nickname. I was going to college to be a conservation agent, but decided to go into Ag. Education instead. I know a lot of people who poach the woods here [:@]....they got lucky there. The most I'm worried about my step-bro's situation is my dad getting in trouble for giving him his land owner tags.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:33 AM

basically, I'm just venting...I don't want to make a bad impression though.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just messing with ya Pony. It would definitely be a good idea for your friend to get the Hunter ed card though, alot of states will want the # on it if she tries to hunt as a non resident. I hunt in Maryland and they use a computerized system, and they take down your hunters ed # when you first get a license. Maybe that will convinve her.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:19 AM

That may work. Thanks!
Old 12-13-2005, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

For libility purposes it would be a good ideal on her part and her dads to obtain one. If there were a hunting mishap to occur while hunting or shoot a deer and she didn't pocess a hunter saftety card, she and her dad would have a lot more than just a fine just to worry about. Its just not worth it.
To you, this course may be boring and to her a waste of time but there is a purpose for this course, most of these individuals have never even owned a fire arm and are taugt basic saftey rules in the use of firearm handling. Its dangerious enough being in the woods with a bunch of hunters as it is, but can you imagine how much more dangerious it would be if this course wasn't required? The rules are there for areason, if shes going to ignore that one, its only a start of whats about to come of her future.

Bobby - Montana Bowhunter Education Instructor >>>======>