Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Bobcat and Coyote Hunting

Old 12-10-2005, 12:40 PM

Default Bobcat and Coyote Hunting

does any body go bobcat or coyote hunting because i need a little help on where to find them and stuff
Old 12-12-2005, 08:31 AM

Default RE: Bobcat and Coyote Hunting

check out the preditor, small game and trapping section
Old 12-12-2005, 11:47 AM

in pa, you first have to get the bobcat permit before the beginning of the season and its by lottery only so you might get a tag. There aren't any bobcat in SE PA but if you head north or toward central PA....you should be able to find some. I saw my first bobcat near State college last fall.....huge one that had a live groundhog in his mouth!!! as far as coyotes go, you might be able to find them anywhere. I have seen two in PA since I started hunting. First one was in Wayne County PA on opening day rifle, saw him at like 180 yards and thought it was a dog.....took a second to realize it was a coyote and it went over the hill and got shot. The other one was near Altoona PA while spring turkey hunting, came running out under some powerlines and i shot at it with a 3" mag but missed. but your best chance is to head north and get a rabbit distress call and try it out.........
Old 12-12-2005, 03:56 PM

People claim that there are a lot of bobcats in my area, but I only seen one at night crossing the road in front of my truck...luckily I didn't hit, first I just thought that was a huge cat, but then my boyfriend said it was a bobcat....I'm ignorant. I thought you can only trap bobcats? I dunno...there nocternal animals aren't they?
Old 12-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not the forum I know, but I tried the guns forums no answer. Has anyone shot or own a Remington 700p tws (.223). I was thinking of getting one. Maybe some feedback on performance.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Typical Buck

we hear coyotes out all the time when we are hunting, i think thebest way to hunt them is to put out some meat and set up for the night. bobcats on the otherhand i have no clue, a friends of mines little brother killed one about a month ago, but that was just luck cuz he was deer hunting and just so happend to see it in his stand.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:13 PM

Well, ive been trying to kill a bobcat for about 5 months now. I dont know if all bobcats are extremely smart or just this particular one. but i have tried using bait, distress calls, etc. and this damn cat comes up on to the bank of my pond and sits there for about 10 seconds and looks to see if there is anyone around. One night i saw it on the bank but didnt get focused in time, and i went inside about 1hr 1/2 later and came back out and it had taken my bait while i was only gone for a few minutes. the distress cotton tail tape i bought seem to have worked good because i saw it when i played the tape. anyways good luck