Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Where would you hunt on this land? >

Where would you hunt on this land?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Where would you hunt on this land?

Old 12-10-2005, 07:03 AM

Default Where would you hunt on this land?

Where would be the best place to hunt on this land? I have crossed it by car and have seen deer run away at 150 yards. The place is about5000 acres big, (5 miles longand2 miles wide)and consist of swampy terrain, heathland, woods and has farmland and cornfields around it. It also has pools and little lakes in it.
What would be the best place to put a ground blind on?
Should i place it next to firelanes cut in the woods? Or should it be on the eart rampart's betweenthe terrain and the fields? Or should it be in the thick brushery or near the lakes?
According to sources here should be a population of about 200 whitetails.

Old 12-10-2005, 07:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Where would you hunt on this land?

I would hunt that small yellow spot ...must be wherethe feeder is ;&gt)

dd

Old 12-10-2005, 08:13 AM
Typical Buck

the are is to big with to much edge and surrounding food to know were the best spot is. i would go out with a spotting scope and scout out at least the mourning and plan for the evening. if it's public hunting land go were the rest won't tread, swampy, wet terrain adjacent to thickets and food. if this is every were then i guess you'll have to wing it. look promising from the pic and your description. good luck
Old 12-10-2005, 08:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Where the deer are.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Dominant Buck

Do a little scouting and where you see the most crossing tracks, back off about 50yds and hunt the edge. The area looks good!
Old 12-10-2005, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

Like Jimmy said, if there is a funnel area between the water and a corn field,thats where I'd be.
Old 12-10-2005, 09:31 AM
Dominant Buck

I would concentrate on runs that go from the dark green (bedding) areas to the light green ag type fields. Looks like an awesome property with everything one could want for success.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Of course you would have to check it our for sign. But, on the right side of that property do you see what looks like an upside down V. It connects a pennensula of woods to a smaller strip of woods. The woods also look pretty thick right there. If you go check it out, and you find a lot of sign, I would set up down wind within range of that V, and also were I could get a good lookof that clearing. If all the ingrediants are there, I would probably try to get up in the air. If all you have is a ground blind maybe you can find some elevation.

C. Davis
Old 12-10-2005, 11:06 AM

If I'm not mistaken the area marked by yellow is a field.... the red circles are where I would put a stand.

Old 12-10-2005, 11:38 AM

just scope the whole place out and check for deer scrapes and trails, etc.

Quick Reply: Where would you hunt on this land?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.