Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 MAN I should be Hunting this Morning ! >

MAN I should be Hunting this Morning !

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

MAN I should be Hunting this Morning !

Old 12-10-2005, 08:22 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: MAN I should be Hunting this Morning !

Yep, working here as well. Lower Michigan has 7 inches of fresh snow on the ground. The deer are really moving (I saw 12 on the way into work this morning). It should be illegal to work on Saturdays duringhunting season.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

Man, I feel for you guys who work Saturdays... I would go postal if I had to work on a Saturday!!! See, like 6 other states in the US, Virginia still has the stupid, ancient, colonial, "Blue Law" where you can't hunt on a Sunday. [:@]

I still cannot understand the logic behind it and doubt if I ever will. Some of the guys who work during the week and Saturdays, CAN'T hunt!!! If they try to go hunting, they have to take a day off from work during the week. I don't want to get all riled up again about the Sunday hunting thing, so I'll just stop here and take another sip of coffee....
Old 12-10-2005, 11:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

Me too! Last day of shotgun in Maryland and all I hunted the past two weeks was one morning. I spent the night out with my wife (A RARITY since we have young kids andhardly anyonewho canwatch them) and am nursing a hangover.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

DOUG YOUR OBVIOUSLY WEAK AND FELL FOR THE OLDEST TRICK IN THE WORLD LOL .... THOSE FEMALES KNOW THAT IS THE ONLY THING THAT WILL KEEP A MAN OUT OF THE WOODS !!

DD
Old 12-10-2005, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: ButchA

Man, I feel for you guys who work Saturdays... I would go postal if I had to work on a Saturday!!!
shift work isn't too bad, as far as hunting goes! Being in the woods when everyone else is working during the week is pretty good. And being off 7 days in a row, every month is a decent trade for working a couple of weekends! Still, today would be a good day to be in the woods!
Old 12-10-2005, 01:32 PM

Working here too. Opener of muzzleloader season today but, we have like 35 mph winds today so it doesnt bother me too much. I guess? When I worked in wisconsin it was no big deal if I took a sat off to hunt the owner of the shop would usually go with me. Since I opened my own place this summer I feel guilty if I take time off. I love my job though so it isnt too bad.
Tommorrow is another story though-watch out does!
Nathan
Old 12-10-2005, 08:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

No way I was deer hunting around here, way too cold. But a great day for pheasant hunting! Here's Bullet, the ultimate English Pointer. Gee, do you thing there's something under that tree?

Old 12-10-2005, 08:41 PM

I was going, but had teh privilege of spending the day with my 13 year old--I asked him to go hunting first-but, I was happy to have the chance--they aren't around foever and I only get so many oppurtunities for goog, quality time.I still did do a lot of thinking about being there though!