Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical  shot in Indiana >

POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

Old 12-13-2005, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

DD was being honest and talking about a theoretical issue. I can tell that he has a conscience and a great love for the great outdoors and the animals that are in it. Even though his handle is Doctor Death I know from reading his stuff and seeing his web site that he has respect for the animal. It isn't the killing it is the hunt and I bet he feels the same way. Probably 99.9% of us will never get the chance to kill one that big so it doesn't matter. If the doc had the chance, who knows, he might actually let it walk too if he was out of tags. To shoot or not is a question that usually comes up without a lot of warning and is made on the spot. When the decision actually arises it shows the true measure of a man.
Thanks guy's and Merry CHRISTmas !

dd

Old 12-13-2005, 12:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

Same to you sir.
Old 12-13-2005, 12:29 PM

I would never ever if I had no buck tags remaining and seen a world class buck like that walk by me without shooting it. It would be down in a heart beat.Most people are not professional ball players either but they still play ball,But notbythe rules proffesionals do it.Do you get paid for hunting?No. It's a sport, But Sometimes you have to change the rules around to come out the winner. Even if it's cheating. A once in a lifetime deer like that,You play by the rules and let it walk and only see it once.I will be the one with it on my wall looking at it allmost everyday. And all you got is onememmory of it walking byonce. Now that should burn your arse thinking I should of took it. I wouldn't feel guilty one bit about it. It's just a deer,1 big deer but it's mine all mine. I would say mistaken kill allso. Can't prove it wasn't either. Not everyone plays by the same rules when it comes to a massive deer like that.But to me it seems like everyone is jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts on this deer.I would say that is unsportsman and jealousy at it's best towards that hunter who shot it. Guilty before innocent. I would say good job to who ever shot it,Even if it wasn't the kid.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:41 PM
Dominant Buck

FL you are appropriately named!
Old 12-13-2005, 05:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: fruit loops

I would never ever if I had no buck tags remaining and seen a world class buck like that walk by me without shooting it. It would be down in a heart beat.Most people are not professional ball players either but they still play ball,But notbythe rules proffesionals do it.Do you get paid for hunting?No. It's a sport, But Sometimes you have to change the rules around to come out the winner. Even if it's cheating. A once in a lifetime deer like that,You play by the rules and let it walk and only see it once.I will be the one with it on my wall looking at it allmost everyday. And all you got is onememmory of it walking byonce. Now that should burn your arse thinking I should of took it. I wouldn't feel guilty one bit about it. It's just a deer,1 big deer but it's mine all mine. I would say mistaken kill allso. Can't prove it wasn't either. Not everyone plays by the same rules when it comes to a massive deer like that.But to me it seems like everyone is jumping to conclusions without knowing the facts on this deer.I would say that is unsportsman and jealousy at it's best towards that hunter who shot it. Guilty before innocent. I would say good job to who ever shot it,Even if it wasn't the kid.
WELL CRAP ..here I go again ... FL I hope my position and post on this thread did not influence you in any way to make the above statement..its not about "changing the rules" ...my only point in ALL OF THIS was something that was un-premeditated ...just something that happend under the circumstances this particular man found himself in while doe hunting...laws and rules are made to be followed ... I do not condone changing them to fit the occation...and had this happened to me and had I shot this monster I would have had to live with the fact that I broke the law which is a cross to bare but nothing like the one he will have to carry by getting his teen son involved... but with that being said ..in the heat of the moment ...adrenalin flowing I would have broke the rule most likely ( minus the son's involvment)... I do not think you can sugar coat or gloryfywhat this guy did if indeed he broke the law but I can tell you I think he acted as most hunters I know would have ..he acted as a human ...

dd
Old 12-13-2005, 05:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

amen amen.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:12 PM

no dd,i am just saying just because someone does something that someone else wouldn't does not mean they are a bad person as some are making it seam.It's like evryone who condones someone they don't want to associate with that person.I just hate people who thinks they are saints and a better person because they follow the rules all the time.They sound like they are running for office or maybe for the pope yet they all got something to hide.But after reading this post it's allready premiditated if a big buck walks by with only doe tags left it would go done.And that pic of the new state record with all that bone mass would allso go down.But I really don't have to worry about that cause I havent bought a doe tag in over 3 years.But I would change the rules for me to win if was in that situation.Let's get one thing straight,we are not all saints in here,even though some think they are.
Old 12-13-2005, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

- Erased due to drunkeness -
Rammer, your setting a bad precedent! I don't wanna have to go back and erase all my posts that have no relevance!

my only point in ALL OF THIS was something that was un-premeditated ...just something that happend under the circumstances this particular man found himself in while doe hunting...laws and rules are made to be followed ... I do not condone changing them to fit the occation...and had this happened to me and had I shot this monster I would have had to live with the fact that I broke the law which is a cross to bare but nothing like the one he will have to carry by getting his teen son involved...
DD, good post, that really clarifies your perspective.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just thought i'd update the status of this deer. As of right now, this buck has not been scored and an official scorer for the IDHA says the family traded the rack for an ATV and a pickup truck. Still have not heard a word from the shooter. The story about this deer was kept hush hush all along and i cant say im shocked at the ending.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Even though I may not agree with dd, I do respect your honesty. What I believe what he was getting across is being caught up in the moment. Not planned. Its easy to sit behind this computer and say you wouldn't do it but if the occassion were to rise, I'm sure that some would change there mind. Look at what happened to Glenn Barry, same thing happened to him, he got caught up in the moment and wasn't thinking straight. If you would of asked Barry about if he would do such a thing as what he did before he did it, he would deney doing such an act.
When it comes to hunting whitetails, I'mmostly a trophy hunter and I won't shoot any deer thats not mature. ( unless its the last weekend of the season) It takes a lot of disipline to pass on some but when the right one does comes by, it will be legal and I won't feel guilty talking about itoradmiring it on the walland I can also feel proud that I got such a fine animal under fair chase. If I were to illegally shoot a trophy deer, it would be like voiding out allmy hunts I've worked and sacrifaced for and now I lower my standards because ole mossy out smarted me.I don't want one like that.Good day.

Bobby

Quick Reply: POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.