Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical  shot in Indiana >

POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

Old 12-09-2005, 10:48 PM
Typical Buck

Default POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

Rumors are circulating at a rapid rate on this great Indiana record buck, calling it the new World's Record at 220 Boone and Crockett. From the little information we have received so far, it appears the buck has been unofficially taped at near 200 Boone & Crockett (B&C) as a typical. Apparently, the Indiana deer was shot in Morgan Co. and it was checked in at the Outdoorsman in Greenwood, IN.

The current Indiana deer state record, a 195-1/8 buck taken by B. Dodd Porter, was taken in Parke County, Indiana in 1985.

The Indiana buck was shot by a young teen, not by the man in the picture. More information will surface later.

Link to the picture...http://www.indianasportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=997
Old 12-09-2005, 11:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

ORIGINAL: bristowboy_20

The Indiana buck was shot by a young teen, not by the man in the picture. More information will surface later.

Link to the picture...http://www.indianasportsman.com/forum/showthread.php?t=997
The legality of this kill is very questionable at the moment, that man in the pic has been rumored to be the actual shooter, not his teen son. The only problem is this guy had already taken a buck in archery season and indiana is a one buck rule state. He had said the kid was too busy to check the world class deer in, thats hard to believe. Also being rumored that the kids license was bought after the start of Indianas 2 week firearm season and the kill occured within 24 hours of the purchase. Havent heard a peep more about this deer for about 2 weeks now.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

[quote]ORIGINAL: bigbuckOO

ORIGINAL: bristowboy_20

WOW it is a GREAT buck ... and I would not be able to pass a buck like that up even if I was out of buck tags and hunting doe's and I have to bet that 99.9% of the forum members would not pass it up either ... however I would NEVER subject my teen son to what he has for any kind of deer ...having his son involved in a lie like this will forever tarnish this buck and the hunt ...and his son will remember this long after his dad is dead and gone and I am sure be ashamed ...

dd

Old 12-10-2005, 08:15 AM
Dominant Buck

He does'nt even come close!

Sometimes the right kind of thing happens to the right kind of person. November 8, 2001 one of those things happened to Mike Beatty of Xenia. That was the day he shot a huge non-typical whitetail buck that has been scored by the Buckeye Big Buck Club at 304 6/8, making it the biggest non-typical buck ever killed by a hunter.
Old 12-10-2005, 08:19 AM
Dominant Buck

As for a Typical, he better keep his fingers crossed!

Story of the Whitetail Deer World Record: The Hanson Buck

Old 12-10-2005, 10:30 AM

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

WOW it is a GREAT buck ... and I would not be able to pass a buck like that up even if I was out of buck tags and hunting doe's and I have to bet that 99.9% of the forum members would not pass it up either ...
dd
Careful DD, I was nearly lynched for making a statemet like that once.
The righteous ones will be all over you soon......
Old 12-10-2005, 11:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Here we go with controversy over it already!
Old 12-10-2005, 04:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: _Dan

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

WOW it is a GREAT buck ... and I would not be able to pass a buck like that up even if I was out of buck tags and hunting doe's and I have to bet that 99.9% of the forum members would not pass it up either ...
dd
Careful DD, I was nearly lynched for making a statemet like that once.
The righteous ones will be all over you soon......
Dan I generally do not worry about the self RIGHTeous trying to blast me ... most on here know I tell it like it is for better or worse ..and the afore metioned statement was the truth ... if I saw that buck in legal shooting hours I would do my best to send him to the happy hunting ground ...tag or no tag ..thats just the facts !

dd

Old 12-10-2005, 04:46 PM
Dominant Buck

DD I commend you for being honest in your statement. I am not being self righteous and can only speak for my feelings. I wouldn’t shoot that magnificent buck if I was out of tags. If I did get a beautiful buck such as that it would certainly be a high spot in my life but not worth selling out and ruining my ethics. I hope it works out that the kill isn’t mired in controversy.
Old 12-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Champlain Islander

DD I commend you for being honest in your statement. I am not being self righteous and can only speak for my feelings. I wouldn’t shoot that magnificent buck if I was out of tags. If I did get a beautiful buck such as that it would certainly be a high spot in my life but not worth selling out and ruining my ethics. I hope it works out that the kill isn’t mired in controversy.
Well your a better man then me Gungaden !

dd

Quick Reply: POSSIBLE WORLD RECORD 220 typical shot in Indiana

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.