Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
have you ever saw a world record? >

have you ever saw a world record?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

have you ever saw a world record?

Old 01-10-2002, 05:30 PM

Default have you ever saw a world record?

i was wondering if any of you have ever saw a record class buck alive while you were scouting or hunting im talkin like state or world record biggest buck ive ever saw was a thirteen pointer 50 yards from my house in the summer i video taped him and after viewin it id say he would be clsoe to a state record and my dad saw a giant in ohio during muzzleloading a long time ago he said that would go over 200 typcial! well how bout yall?
Old 01-10-2002, 06:40 PM

Default RE: have you ever saw a world record?

Possibly. Their is a 16 point typical running around that is probablly going over the 200" mark. It could possibly beat Hansons's deer. Just take Hanson's deer, put two more points on it, shrink the point size and width down a LITTLE bit, then add about double the mass and thats what it looks like. It would be close!

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet
P.S. Only Chuck Adams can sit at home and see deer so get into the woods. =;^)
Old 01-10-2002, 07:18 PM

I have been hunting one for the last two years,i could't ever get him in bow range and when gun season would come along he wasn't ever there,then came the shot on opening morning this year from the direction i didn't want to hear it from and yes she killed him a beautiful 12 point that grossed right at 200 world class ? yes, am i disappointed ah man you wouldn't believe how bummed i was and still am it is real hard to go hunting out there knowing he isn't there.All i can do is throw my lower lip over my shoulder,take my kleenix and wipe my eyes where i can see again and hope more his blood line grows another one.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

Bigest I've seen for myself was a 14 that would have gone 170+, but that's a trophy of a life time, at least to me.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:22 PM

My uncle lives on the Minnesota North Dokota Border, and I would be told stories of this huge deer that would come into his yard. He named him Hartford. I found it interseting that he could never get a picture or it would never be around when someone else was there. I herd these stories for years. After a while he stoped seeing the great Heartford. One day my subscription to Minnesota sportsman came, on the cover was a picture of my uncles niegbor with the deer he shot. The new number 5 in the Minnsota record books. The teeth of the deer reviled that it was around 12 years old. That old considering the winters and the flooding that they get.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:41 PM
Spike

shoot, the biggest one i ever seen was a dang 8 point.
Old 01-10-2002, 10:22 PM

i see world records every night in my sleep