Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Probably the worst gun season ever... >

Probably the worst gun season ever...

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Probably the worst gun season ever...

Old 11-30-2005, 11:33 AM

Default Probably the worst gun season ever...

Man, Ohio's usually had one of themost productive gun seasons as far as I can tell, but this year... it sux.. I haven't seen but maybe 10 deer total since monday, and I only got shots off at 2 of them..
Oh and to make it better, one was a nice 8 I hit hard, but he barrelled into a thicket of cedars, and well... I don't have him.. It's just ridiculous, because there is just not enough people pushing the deer around. I'm not kidding, I haven't seen another person in orange in the field yet this week, which means the deer are pleasantly being content until I stalk up on them. *(which by the way, is the only way I've been able to see the few deer I have saw already)* just saddens me that we only have 1 wk, and it's just not turning out all that good....

Old 11-30-2005, 11:35 AM

Default RE: Probably the worst gun season ever...

Geez, it's been hot here in maryland, I'm a skinner at a deer shop and I never seen so much deer on opening day. Opening day, over a hundred deer checked in, the day after was the same.
Old 11-30-2005, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Listen brother. . . I am hunting Delaware County and I agree with you! It has been horrible. No body out and the deer are hiding out! I am leaving right now for the evening so hope things turn around for me. Monday including myself there were three of us I didnt see a thing and my two buddies saw three but the same three. Yesterday I saw a small buck but couldnt get a shot off. This morning nothing, only two of us, and he saw one early but couldnt tell what it was. Hope things turn around and I will let you know when I get back this evening!
Old 11-30-2005, 12:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Whitetail Blaster,

What county is your shop in?
Old 11-30-2005, 12:51 PM

Caroline County
Old 11-30-2005, 01:02 PM

yea ur right, way too hot and way to windy, hardly anyone seen any deer compared to what everyone usually sees. hopefully this weekend will change so i can get my first deer
Old 11-30-2005, 02:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heaven forbid you have to hunt deer under thier own natural movements, what a shame.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

you consider shooting at 2 deer in 3 days to be terrible?

Not enough guys moving thema round? get a tree stand, put it between a bedding area and a feeding area, ect.. dont rely on other huntiners to keep them moving for you. Or hunt with friends that can put on drives. I have never heard of someone complaining that there arent enough other hunters walking around the land they hunt
Old 12-01-2005, 09:12 AM

I bet your mom still dresses and feeds you in the morning too!! So let me get this straight, you are complaining because no one is pushing deer to you. You already shot one and couldn't find it. You are the ridiculous one and it sounds like ethics is not a part of your vocabulary! I suggest you do some soul searching and find the real true meaning of being an outdoorsman because to me you sound like what is wrong with alot of people in society. If it doesn't come easy they don't want to work at it.
Grow up and do us a favor- move out of Ohio!
Old 12-01-2005, 09:48 AM

You want to talk about a bad season? Second shotgun season opened here today, and I am getting to head out. First season, I saw a grand total of 0, zip, zero, zilch, nada! Our 2 creeks dried up back in June, and haven't seen brown since. But, I'm still going out. We got a couple of inches of snow last night, maybe that will help.

Maybe you should spend more time looking for that deer you hit, than on here whining to us.

Quick Reply: Probably the worst gun season ever...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.