Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Doctor Death drops Local Legend ! >

Doctor Death drops Local Legend !

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Doctor Death drops Local Legend !

Old 12-01-2005, 12:02 PM

Default RE: Doctor Death drops Local Legend !

Congrats. Nice deer. Not taking anything away from your deer but have it scored again. That suredoesn't look likea 139 gross buck, if . But who cares what it scores that's a dandy.
Old 12-01-2005, 05:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: shootnmiss

Congrats. Nice deer. Not taking anything away from your deer but have it scored again. That suredoesn't look likea 139 gross buck, if . But who cares what it scores that's a dandy.
Well guys THIS is the precise reason I HATE to post scores ..there is ALWAYS a scoring "expert" that can score one by looking at pictures on the computer better then a taxidermist that actually has it in his hands. Ithought I made my post clear but I suppose being from the south my suthern draw made it hard to understand for some BUT Isaid "rough" score ... but so you know I have the score sheet here in front of me and will give you the numbers ...you can take them for what their worth I really don't care!! ....
Lenght of main beam .... R 21..5 L19.5
Length of first point R 4.5L 5.5
""Second PT R 6.5 L 7
"" Third PtR 9 L 8
"" Forth PtR 5 L 2..5
First Circum R4.5 L 4.5
Second CircumR3.5 L 3.5
Third Circum R4.5L 4
Forth Circum R 3.5 L 3.5
Inside spread 17 1/4

Now this was the SECOND measurment ... it seems to me that it adds up to 137.75 ...now I am sure one of you Rocket Scientest can correct me.. I can tell you this ...as of this last buck I will NEVER post another score !

DD
Old 12-01-2005, 05:45 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: DoctorDeath

ORIGINAL: shootnmiss

Well guys THIS is the precise reason I HATE to post scores ..there is ALWAYS a scoring "expert" that can score one by looking at pictures on the computer better then a taxidermist that actually has it in his hands. Ithought I made my post clear but I suppose being from the south my suthern draw made it hard to understand for some BUT Isaid "rough" score ... but so you know I have the score sheet here in front of me and will give you the numbers ...you can take them for what their worth I really don't care!! ....
Lenght of main beam .... R 21..5 L19.5
Length of first point R 4.5L 5.5
""Second PT R 6.5 L 7
"" Third PtR 9 L 8
"" Forth PtR 5 L 2..5
First Circum R4.5 L 4.5
Second CircumR3.5 L 3.5
Third Circum R4.5L 4
Forth Circum R 3.5 L 3.5
Inside spread 17 1/4

Now this was the SECOND measurment ... it seems to me that it adds up to 137.75 ...now I am sure one of you Rocket Scientest can correct me.. I can tell you this ...as of this last buck I will NEVER post another score !

DD

You should known better DD! You're getting the hang of this forum!
Old 12-01-2005, 06:33 PM
Fork Horn

nice deer lilke that and you think people are worried what you look like?!!!?..awesome deer dd. wish could at least see one like that in the woods and have the oppertunity to m m m miiisss..from the buck fever. congrats.
Old 12-01-2005, 06:38 PM

Don't get all bent out off shape Doc, if it makes you feel any better I thought it scored in the 140's!!!
Old 12-01-2005, 07:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL Dave ...you obviously have a KEEN eye my friend ...nahhh its just that some of these "know it all"guys just kill me... I never wanted to post the score anyway ..as I said earlier in my post Im not really into scores ...but I was asked to post it and I did ... just cant please ALL the people ALL the time ..but heck who cares ... it is what it is ..AND hes mine ...

dd
Old 12-01-2005, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Amen! If I could get that kind of buck in my sights![X(]Congratulations on a great deer! Who cares about scores [:'(], you had fun and harvested an awsome buck!
Old 12-01-2005, 10:04 PM

Good shooting DD! Congrats LEGEND SLAYER
Old 12-02-2005, 12:07 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: davester

Don't get all bent out off shape Doc, if it makes you feel any better I thought it scored in the 140's!!!

Ditto!!
Congrats on the beauty buck!! Every deer is a trophy!! Keep up the good work!. Thanks for sharing the "ROUGH" score!! Do you plan on more hunting? Must be great to harvest so many bucks for the freezer. Lots of jerky?
Old 12-02-2005, 03:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Very nice buck. No offense intended, but there's now way in heck that is 139" buck. Congrats on a beauty though.

Quick Reply: Doctor Death drops Local Legend !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.