Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Paid hunt question

Old 11-29-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Paid hunt question

I am by no means into the whole "Pay for a huge rack hunt".. I am against shooting animals confined into a fence. but have a quick question..

do the hunting ranch's have to follow the same season as the rest of us fair chase hunters? If not,,, Why?
Old 11-29-2005, 12:41 PM

Default RE: Paid hunt question

I dont know the answer to your question cause I have never been on a canned hunt and never will.
Old 11-29-2005, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never been on a high-fenced hunt either but I would think "deer season" applies to all deer.

ORIGINAL: salty

I am by no means into the whole "Pay for a huge rack hunt".. I am against shooting animals confined into a fence. but have a quick question..

do the hunting ranch's have to follow the same season as the rest of us fair chase hunters? If not,,, Why?
Old 11-29-2005, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have never done a canned hunt but I think I know the answer to your question. No they do not. These are not wild deer. They are the same as livestock. They are bred, born and reared in captivity and game laws do not apply. This probably varies from state to state. I am sure that if I am wrong about this plenty of people will set the record straight.
Old 11-29-2005, 02:38 PM

If you shoot a Deer out of season it is poaching, even on a high fenced ranch where by design it keeps poachers out and as a side benefit the deer and exotics stay home. You also don't then have to hope and prey that ranches around you let em grow. If some of you spend a few days walking around a large high fence ranch you might have a change of heart, might not too but that is OK.

Is a low fenced ranch which boarders a river, large higways, housing trackes etc. free range, I am not sure.

But. . . .some times some special concessions are granted to help manage numbers. The high fence place I take my boys to for Quad riding, it's out of my price range, shoots White tail only during White tail season.At just over 2000 acres, it is not considered large, you don't run into many fences.