Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

red dot question???

Old 11-25-2005, 10:04 AM

Default red dot question???

Is there a red dot sight out there that you can leave on (up to 4 hours), and is still bright in cold weather hunting. My Redot SP-2 by Millett isn't supposed to be turned on until ready to shoot, and for deer drives this sucks! I am using lithium batteries.
Old 11-25-2005, 12:31 PM

Default RE: red dot question???

red dot scopes are bad news in cold weather. i think you would be better off with open sights. in cold weather you just never know how long or how good they are going to work. i have one on a mini -14 but that is just a fair weather play gun.[8D]
Old 11-25-2005, 12:38 PM

Default RE: red dot question???

this year I decided to put a red dot on my shotgun. Bought a Bushnell Trophy 1x28, single reticle w/the 6 moa dot.

I've been using it all season and have had no trouble. Last two days have been below 30 F all day and my battery is still going. Although, I do not leave it on all day. Keep my hand near it and the thought in my mind that I'm going to have to turn it on before I mount the gun. Turning it on is now second nature as part of my process of mounting the gun to my shoulder.

Took a deer with the new Bushnell on Monday.....very easy to shoot, and highly recommended!