Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

deer stands

Old 11-24-2005, 07:01 PM

Default deer stands

Hey ya'll..I been gettin hard core into the deer huntin this year and i've been makin some pretty good deerstands for my family but i've decided to get away from the ladder-type and i wanna build a 2-person box stand...I sat in one last year that a guyhad built on my uncles lease and it was pretty nice...had one of those wall-mounted heaters that my grandmother uses in her house that runs on propane or butane or whatever it is. I'm thinkin of making this one about 10' off the ground and would like to put a window that will give me a full view on at least three sides. The place where i'm thinkin about putting this stand can be underwater at times (depending on how rainy the year is) so I'm gonna need some wood that wont rot easily...does anybody have any suggestions for the dimensions of the stand, or the materials? If you could post a pic of your deerstand to give me some ideas, i'd appreciate it immensely.
Old 11-24-2005, 08:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: deer stands

No offense but wouldnt it be hard getting in to a place thats flooded while hunting?
Old 11-24-2005, 09:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

For the legs you can use pressure treated pine 4x4's. As far as dimensions we use 6' x 4' x 5' tall. It gives you enough room for two people to hunt at the same time. We use them to take kids and other people that have never hunted before to show them what to do and keep an eye on them.
Old 11-26-2005, 08:16 AM

its usually only about a foot deep when its flooded so its not that bad