Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Michigan Hunting

Old 11-22-2005, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Michigan Hunting

Opening day has been a success in my area. My father and I both took beautiful bucks. I am going on a hunt at our cabin in the U.P. (Escanaba area) and was wondering how everyone else faired?

Good luck this upcoming holiday season!
Old 11-22-2005, 02:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Michigan Hunting

i got a buck on opening day of shotgun season 6 pointer
i'm from ontario

sault
Old 11-22-2005, 05:37 PM

shot too bucks in bow a 5 piont and a 7 and a doe on opening day of gun
Old 11-22-2005, 06:34 PM

Wooo! I am so freacking excited that I can't think about anything but hunting. I wait for this opportunity every year! I'm not fortunate enough to be able to go out and hunt whenever I'd like as some of you do so any time I get out in the woods is truly cherished. My 5 days of glory start tommorrow. We drive up to the Up tommorrow morning (Wed) and stay through Sunday. 2 nice bucks have been shot already and there is a big 8 walking around my stand this year so that's what I'm out for. Tonight will probably be the last you hear of me until Monday and I will be sure to have a report and pictures (hopefully of deer I kill!) Good luck to all the rest of you UP hunters and to all hunters out there. Remember, cherish your time in the field for you know not when it will be your last. Take advantage of the opportunities you all have. Be glad you can go out and hunt whenever you feel like, it is a god-given privelege so enjoy it. Hunt safe and hunt hard....
Old 11-22-2005, 07:34 PM

I live in thesouth central portion of the UP and the hunting has been so-so. Seen lots of bucks just nothing very big yet,biggest so far was an ok six. Looks like the second rut is starting up, watched a spike chase four does arond in a circle for 30 minutes tonight. Theywanted nothing to do with him but hesure was determined, kinda reminded me of the taverns up here.Should come out pretty cool on the video Ishot.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

UP Hunter were are you going to this week? You may not be able to answer until you get back I understand. Good luck all!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:43 PM

ORIGINAL: buckhunter14

UP Hunter were are you going to this week? You may not be able to answer until you get back I understand. Good luck all!
Nope, I'm still here. I'll be staying in out cabin in Daggett but hunting in Carney most likely. And you?