Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

This sucks

Old 11-20-2005, 07:36 PM

Default This sucks

There was a spot i found last week that had tracks.. u can tell it was a doe and a young deer. Well this after noon thats where i headed out to hunt.. sat from 2pm till dark and saw nothing.. Did find a little bit of a blood trail when walking around when i first got there.

I just got off the phone with my cousin, and he said one of his buddies killed two deer in that area, a doe and a yearling.

Now i told him about that spot.. hes close to the family so i trusted him in telling him about the tracks, i surely hope he didnt spill the beans to his buddy and he went take them out.

I doubt i would have taken them out anyway... its wrong i think to take out a yearling, let the damn deer grow.. and i wouldnt have shot a doe with a baby around.

So i know i wouldnt have shot it, but its just the point, i scouted that place myself and was all proud to go and hunt it to possibly have my first kill. And someone, who was probley told to go there, got to them first. [>:]
Old 11-20-2005, 07:57 PM

Default RE: This sucks

Don't worry, I'm sure there's plenty more. Those guys probably shot the first deer that ran by, now you'll get the buck! Keep hunting itdon't give up!!
Old 11-21-2005, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well I know thats chapps your butt ....BUT look on the bright side ...if there was a doe AND a yearling it means there HAS to be a buck pretty close cause the stork did notdeliver that yearling

dd
Old 11-21-2005, 06:50 AM

as DD said, wheres theres the girls , theres gonna be a big boy.just keep hunting the area and watch for him.

good luck later.