Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Today sucked

Old 11-15-2005, 04:42 PM

Default Today sucked

Started drizzling this morning early so I went for a ride. Noticed quite a bit of deer movement. Checked one of my spots where there is an absolute behemoth of a buck.....well over 200lbs with a 160"ish rack. he only frequents this spot every few days or so, but today when I went in to check....all his scrapes were thrashed so I rushed home, showered, and rushed back and got in my tree. It was 11am when I settled in. Drizzled all day off and on. At 1:30 a doe came flying in with a 2.5 year old 8 pointer on her tail but I passed him up....he needs a couple years. Nice young deer. I played with him for a while and kept calling him back to me but eventualy I just let him walk off. At 3 a doe came in alone and she was REAAAAL nervous. Shortly after, a button buck came in, hers, and they hung around for A while. About 4 another doe came in all alone, and she too was nervous. Thats when it gets interesting. That wench hung around my tree right til just about dark....nervous....nervous. Just at dark, I hear a deer coming from my right through the swamp. I look over....It's him. Now when I say this joker is a beast..I mean beast. He comes marching right in on the trail he was supposed to and had no clue that doe was under me. He gets 7 yards or so from my tree and stops. The doe bolts straight away...and he follows her. Man was i pissed. But it gets better. I hear him running her around the swamp, grunting like a fiend for the next minute or so then they were out of earshot. I waited about ten more minutes and figured he was history, so I tied my rope to my bow and just when I was gonna let her down, I thought i heard something. So I listened. I hear it again. This time about 40 yards out to my left. Then I hear a tree getting totaled. I quickly untie my bow and knock my arrow. He's coming right in. He stops at a scrape 15 yards from my tree and thrashes it. When he finished, he starts walking the trail that will bring him right to me. Twelve yards.....ten yards...seven yards.....just 3 more steps. I have the release on the bow, I'm ready to rock. I'm looking almost straight down on him and all I can see is horn. He stops, wheels around, and starts marching directly the other way....I have NO SHOT. S.O.B That is one lucky deer I'm telling ya. If that doe was not where she was, he would be in the back of my truck right now. Or if he had just taken a couple more steps when he came back. DAMN. I almost sent one at him as he was walking away at ten yards, but I didn't want to chance it cuz there is a limb in the way and I will get him another time, but I thought tonight was the night for sure for that joker.....oh well.
Old 11-15-2005, 05:45 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Today sucked

I feel for you I really do.

Something like that happens to me a lot.
You get sooo close and a little thing seems to happen.

At least you got him real close.

I bet your heart was about to jump out.

You keep going you will get him.

Like this past spring I got the closest to getting a turkey.
He was coming to me but another hunter shot the turkey.

Man that just gets under your skin.

Any Way Good Luck

Oh by the way nice story I enjoyed reading it.
Old 11-15-2005, 11:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow - a "normal" post - you can do it.

...Deleted by CalHunter...
Old 11-15-2005, 11:22 PM

Old 11-16-2005, 01:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

Old 11-16-2005, 06:25 AM
Boone & Crockett

What's with the treestand, the calls, and the bow hoist Danny Boone? I thought you were beyond such trivial things. Remember ...... hunting has become too easy for you. All the idiots buying stuff off the shelves at Wal-Mart.....blah blah blah. Where did you aquire that call of yours? Let me guess you widdled it out of a limb with your teeth. I figured you for a spear hunter kind of guy. I have to tell you my image of you is shattered with this compound bow, treestand, call stuff.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

The guy just posted a normal post, just like people wantedhim to do. Now look at all the replies to it. Whats the point in going off on him after this post? Do you guys think this is encouraging him to post normal posts in the future? Probably not. The negative replies to this post are no better than the crap people have been complaining about from 123stickem to begin with, in fact it is probably driving him to post more crap. Why not respond to his post just as you would if it were another user, maybe you'll see less of the "other" posts?

Sorry for going off, but I just think you are alienating him even more by saying these things.
Old 11-16-2005, 07:32 AM

MN. . .good point. . . it is good to see a well written post with out the silly stuff in it.
Old 11-16-2005, 08:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

withdrawn by me..................
I'm not going to get caught up in a childish Internet squabble with someone that has the mentality of an ice cube.

I have a feeling that mr. stickem won't be around too much longer for us to enjoy his wonderful thought provoking posts anyway.
Old 11-16-2005, 09:24 AM

Thats why it called hunting not killing and it does suck at times.Good luck getting that big dude.

Quick Reply: Today sucked

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.