Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Opening weekend weather in IN. >

Opening weekend weather in IN.

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Opening weekend weather in IN.

Old 11-10-2005, 05:02 AM
Spike

Default Opening weekend weather in IN.

Well Sat (opening day) in Indiana is gonna be a warm and windy one. Anybody else bummed out about this? Beat's the heck out of working. Still can'thardly wait to go.
Old 11-10-2005, 05:39 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Opening weekend weather in IN.

THE WEATHER THE LAST TWO WEEKS HAS SUCKED BUT A COLD FRONT MOVED INTO ALABAMA ...YESTERDAY IT WAS 85 TODAY 68 ..MAYBE IT WILL GET THE DEER MOVING !

ROLL TIDE
DD

Old 11-10-2005, 08:19 AM
Typical Buck

yup, our weather here in Indiana sucks! I hope the temps go down about 25-30 degrees in the daytime soon
Old 11-10-2005, 11:58 AM
Fork Horn

I'd rather have snow myself, but let me tell you the bucks are still moving. I hunted hard all last week (50 degrees and windy) and had at least 10 different bucks within bow range. Unfortunately the largest was a 110" 8 point. I've seen two very nice deer the past two days, but just out of range. the largest deer I seen yesterday....right beside my other tree stand I wans't hunting b/c of the wind. Oh well if nothing else it will help us stay on stand all day long. Good luck.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not surprised, the weather here in Indiana has been bad for the 2 weeks straight. Every other day we have winds over 20 mph and temps in the 60's. If you think Saturday is going to be a bad day, then dont even look at Sundays forecast.
Old 11-10-2005, 01:08 PM
Typical Buck

It's not going to be the greatest here in Nebraska either. It's supposed to be 65 Saturday, but a 40% chance of rain. I am hoping that it will get the deer moving. Sunday, it's supposed to be 57 or so. That's ok, the bucks have really been moving so far.

Ispoke with my neice last night and she was telling me about this place where we have permission the 2nd weekend of season. She said that it's a huge 6x6 that was just thrashing the trees while she watched him for about 10-15 minutes. The funny part of the story is that a little 3 point was constantly walking circles around the big boy, just waiting for his turn. It was even 70 degrees yesterday afternoon and the deer were still moving.
Old 11-10-2005, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

The weather is not helping us out here in DeKalb county. This has been a slow rut but they are still moving some. I've had some nice deer around the stand this year but most are 3 year old 100-120. Im after a little bigger deer. Ive seen the 3 deer im after but just havent arrowed one. Sat. will be a little warm and everything but you know that when the orange army hits the woods it is going to be nuts. A all day sit sat and sun can just be what is needed.