Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 Need ground blind recommendation;pop up >

Need ground blind recommendation;pop up

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Need ground blind recommendation;pop up

Old 11-09-2005, 05:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default Need ground blind recommendation;pop up

I am interested in getting a pop up blind, which i have never considered in the past. I would like one that could be used for turkey and deer hunting, and one large enough to accomodate two people.

there are a lot of choices, so your input would be appreciated. i want one that is of fairly high quality, easy to set up yet light and packable.

Last year I spent a lot of time cutting myrtle bushes and building a ground blind for turkey hunting, only to find a storm blew the blind down when i arrived early the next morning. Plus, I was limited as to where i could build the blind. I want to get away from this process.

any recommndations?
Old 11-09-2005, 05:50 PM

Default RE: Need ground blind recommendation;pop up

http://www.doublebullarchery.com/

Check'em out...A great product! Personnaly proven!
Old 11-09-2005, 06:26 PM

That's a pretty ignorant reply. Their are several good manufacturers out their. Go to the Cabela's website and take a look at a few. They give dimmensions and you can see the different options you may or may not like. Good luck.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:49 PM

Your ignorant for not schooling yourself on blinds. Hell, I coulda said to go to Cabelas...that's a no brainer. IMO those "blinds" are noisy..ie..velcro...zippers, shiny material, stupid fake leaves (movement), and out of scale camo patterns. The DB blind is proven all around the world in any terrain....hell, maybe the Outhouse Blind is successfull also...at the town fair.

"Go to Cabelas" thats a great answer.
Old 11-09-2005, 06:55 PM

People like you truly amaze me. You initial comment of, pay up or go home hungry is like saying buy a cadilac pay up or walk home. Absolutrly obserd. And, what I was telling him is go shop around. Don't take some internet jerks word as gospel. You gave some very good points in your second post about blinds. Why didn't you take the time to explain your position in your first post? Instead, you make the guy sound like an idiot for asking such a question. If you don't want to bother answering such "trivial" questions, dont. You can either help people who want it, or you can portray yourself as an ass. The choice is yours.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:00 PM

I forgot to add one thing. This blind withstood 50mph wind.....(8 stake points) and 3 inches of snow in Cheyenne Wy. There was another blind that was set up on the ranchers property that was blown to the ground and probably was broken.....Personnaly tried and tested...and tagged an antelpoe to prove it.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:04 PM

Yeah...i prolly should've thought through it. I got home today being an ass and it spilled in here. Sorry bout that. If you really want a blind then I suggest a DB blind for the reasons I suggested. Any questions give me a e-mail.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just bought an Outhouse by Ameristep and it is very nice. Sets up in two seconds and then just stake it down. It was only $48 too.
Old 11-09-2005, 07:17 PM

Yeah...i prolly should've thought through it. I got home today being an ass and it spilled in here. Sorry bout that. If you really want a blind then I suggest a DB blind for the reasons I suggested. Any questions give me a e-mail.
You did the right thing, good for you. You will get a lot more respect if you give some. Good luck, and good hunting.
Old 11-09-2005, 08:11 PM

I have the outhouse and doghouse from Ameristep. I have killed over 20 deer out of the 2 of them and several turkeys. I looked at the Dbull but it is too heavy and when it rains it runs in on you. Of the 2, I prefer the doghouse.

Quick Reply: Need ground blind recommendation;pop up

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.