Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

9 More Days!!

Old 11-03-2005, 05:04 AM
Spike

Default 9 More Days!!

New to the forum, 9 more days till Indiana gun season. Can't wait for the woods to come alive when the sun comes up the mornof the 12th. You guys now what I mean. Its heaven on Earth! Good Luck Boys!!!!!!!!!!!! And Girls.
Old 11-03-2005, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: 9 More Days!!

As of today, 12 days to go and counting..
Old 11-03-2005, 01:03 PM
Typical Buck

9 more days here in Nebraska too. The bad part is that I have permission in 5 different areas, not to mention my own place, and th closer that it gets to deer season, the more permission that I acquire and hear more stories that make me want to re-think my game plan for the season. I'm thinking about sticking with the original plan, unless it's a bust. What's everyone else's ideas? I am 2 1/2 hours away from all of my "permission" areas and the landowners keep calling me to tell me what they see each day and when they see them...on top of my pre-season scouting.
Old 11-03-2005, 01:14 PM
Typical Buck

Ever since Ive lived on this property (8 or 9 years), I have never seen a large buck around my house. There have always been signs that there were large deer around, but not even the neighbors see them. Starting last year I have changed my mind about not seeing big deer around here. about A mile away from my house I saw a buck that would most definately challenge the Indiana state record. and I have seen 4 or 5 different bucks that would score 160 or better. All within a mile from my house here in Perry County Indiana. Cant wait until next saturday
Old 11-03-2005, 05:42 PM

Sorry guys, but us here in North Texas have Two days left 'till
general gun season opens. The good news though is thatour
land owner has been seeing a ton of deer and a really nice ten
point hanging around my blind. I'm hoping to get nice buck opening morning.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:32 PM
Fork Horn

Missourians have the same problems Indianians have, still 9 freakin' days to go. Sad news is I only have two days to hunt and two tags to fill