Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

How to post a picture.

Old 11-02-2005, 01:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default How to post a picture.

I have been seeing a lot of posts with people having troubles posting pictures. Here is some helpful steps for you. First, find the image on the computer and right click on it and go to Properties. Here you should be able to find the size of the picture. To post an image on the forums built-in attachment feature, your pictures must be less than 100 KB. If your picture in more than 100 KB, then scroll to the next paragraph for instructions on how to resize an image. If your picture is under 100 KB, then the rest is easy. When in the New Post window, down underneath the box you type in is an underlined link that says "Click here to upload!". Well, click on that bad boy, and a box should come up. Then all you have to do is click on browse and find the picture, select it, and press OK. If you want the picture to physically show up in your post, like the image at the bottom is, the check the box that says "Embed picture in post" which is located to the right of "Click here to upload!". After all of this, you should have a posted picture. Congratulations.

Alright, for those of you with pictures over 100 KB, which is very common with the quality of digital cameras these days, follow these easy steps. First, open Paint. Paint is usually located by opening the start menu and going to Programs and then going to Accessories and then clicking on Paint. Alright, now click on File, and go to Open. From here to need to navigate and find your picture and open it. Once you have opened it, is will probably appear rather large on your screen, well go to Image and then click on Stretch/Skew. All you need to do, is change the % located under stretch and in the Horizontal box, and the Vertical box. Since you want to keep your pictures proportions, make sure you always change these to the same percentage for vertical and horizontal. I usually always enter 50% into each box to resize it. Unless your picture is really big, then this should do it. Just click OK, and then view your picture. Go to File, and then go to Save As. Once you are in the Save As box, I usually type in a different, but similar name for the resized picture, ex. BigBuck1, or BigBuck small, or anything like that. Now, just to make sure than the picture is under 100 KB finally, just go back to File, and then to Open, and find the picture again, but instead of double-clicking it, or going to OK, just highlight it, and right click it and go to Properties again and find the size. If still over 100 KB, open it once again, and resize it again, and repeat until under 100 KB. Once under 100 KB, follow the directions above for posting a picture, and everything should work out fine. Good Luck, and post pictures as often as possible of those trophies, because like alot of people, I would rather look at a picture than READ!

Old 11-02-2005, 01:26 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: How to post a picture.

Oh, I forgot to add, this is for Windows users only. Sorry mac people, or linux people or whatever....