Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 sundown can play with your head >

sundown can play with your head

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

sundown can play with your head

Old 11-01-2005, 05:14 AM

Default sundown can play with your head

Have you ever notice. There you are sitting int h stand and everyone is nice and calm and bright. It is beautiful. The sun is shining and yet you see nothing.

Then the sun sets, its the twilight period. All of sudden, so many things that you had seen when the sun was on, now takes shape of a deer. You look at it, waiting to see it moves, finally it moves, you get the binoculars and then nothing is there, you take them away and it is there again. And this goes on for many different areas that you have preivously looked at while the sun was still up. Isn't it funny, yet aggravating.

Kim
Old 11-01-2005, 06:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: sundown can play with your head

That is the time of day that top quality optics are necessary. Many times in the past I have had a large dark animal walk in a food plot that I couldn't identify as being positive as a shooter buck. Now I have the best in optics that can possibly make a difference.
Old 11-01-2005, 07:26 AM

It's amazing- makes you want to go to the eye doctor! can't tell you how many "deer" i've seen just as it starts getting dark. You're not the only one to experience that.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:40 AM

If you have "floaters" in your eyes, you can see "movement" in those mirages.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

What makes it even worse is when there is a large tumbleweed rolling on the ground right around dusk.
Old 11-01-2005, 11:54 AM

I see all kinds of deer when the sun sets...only about 1/4 of them are actually deer tho
Old 11-11-2005, 10:04 AM

How about in the morning when suddenly the sun hits some kind of whitish weed or flower and a breeze makes it move. That will get your pulse up quick!
Old 11-11-2005, 12:56 PM

The worst it the squirrel you heard over that ridge that you couldve SWORn was a deer. You get ready, lift up your rifle and the little tree rat peaks over the hill. Makes you wanna send your 30-06 round at him but you hold out in hopes that deer will come.