Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Loading pics?

Old 10-31-2005, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Loading pics?

not a computer guy. but have a pic i wanted to post but it says the file is too large. How can i make the file smaller?
Old 11-01-2005, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Loading pics?

If you are operating under a windows operating system, then open Microsoft Paint, it comes with all windows operating systems so if you have windows, then you have the paint program. After opening it, then open your picturewith it. After you can see your picture, go to the"image" pulldown and click on "Stretch/Skew" anda box will pop up. Look to where it says "stretch" and underneath youcan input a percentage for horizontal and vertical. In each of these input boxes, replace the 100% with 50% and hit "OK" and then save. That will knock that filesize way down. Of course when doing this, I always keep a backup of the original just in caseyou need it. Hope this helps.

Edit: Also, if your file has a .bmp extension, then save it as a .jpg, this also knocks that file size down significantly.

MN_Deerman