Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

SO FUNNY

Old 10-31-2005, 08:43 AM
Typical Buck

Default SO FUNNY

Im the guy who always brings the stories about the big bucks I see out of the woods, I tell so many that no one believes me. I guess I just put my stand in the best spot on the whole property. EVERYONE wants to hunt in the valley where I hunt at to see if I tell the truth. I let my older brother hunt there last year and he bagged a really nice 8 point. Anyways, The other day me and my brother went behind our house to put up his ladder stand, I knew where I wanted to put it, but he had a totally different area picked out, so I argued at him and he finally gave in. As soon as we got the stand up, he said "Im NEVER hunting out of this stand because no one EVER sees deer here!!" Well, the next evening I sat in it with my deer call and guess what, I called a doe to within 10 yards. So much for no one ever seeing deer there lol... Now around our house there has been a few big bucks that no one has ever seen. most of the deer here are little 4 and 6 pointers. The day after I saw the doe, I sat in the stand again. and ANOTHER deer came to the stand, but it wasnt a doe, it was a 135-140 class 10 pointer!!! and believe it or not, 2 days later I sat in that stand again and called in anice 8 pointer, all within 10 yards of the stand. I have seen 5 does and 4 bucks where that stand sits in the last 2 weeks. and Ive only sat there maybe 4 times. I figured no one would believe me, so I took my camera with me and got a decent little video of the 8 pointer, I will try and get a pic of him and put on here. but its soooo funny how I end up seeing all the big bucks and no one believes me lol... Maybe I should take my camera along more often

Old 10-31-2005, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: SO FUNNY

hopefully you can make out the antlers, he was a nice 8 point. the 2nd biggest I ever saw around my house. and the biggest was 2 days before with the big 10. Wish I had gotten a pic of him. my batteries were dead, darn lol.[:'(]
Old 10-31-2005, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

DONT YOU BOW HUNT? WHY ARENT YOU SHOOTING THESE BUCKS
Old 10-31-2005, 01:00 PM
Typical Buck

Dont have a bow, I wish I did lol... and The yearly bag limit is only 1 buck here in Indiana. Ive taken 2 super 8 pointers and a few does.. And as for the deer that always gets away, Sometimes they are just too far away, or are through thick brush, Or are hot on a doe's trail. Last year on opening morning I had 7 or 8 bucks all chasing the same doe at the same time, Its a wonder there werent some fights lol. but anyways I tried and tried to get them to stop, because 3 of them were monsters, but they wouldnt stop at all. This year, if I see a buck chasing or wont stop, im gonna yell *STOP* at it lol... I bet ya it will stop and I will have my deer.

I truly hope I bag one because after the season, im selling my gun, and am getting ready to move to Orlando Florida. I wont get to do much hunting after that. So I hope I get a good one.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:13 PM
Typical Buck

http://www.vidiLife.com/reloc.cfm?cryp=010-3C38E9B6-1D17-4A19-A252-2

IF YOU WANNA SEE MY VIDEO, CLICK THE LINK... KINDA BORING, BUT still PRETTY COOL
Old 10-31-2005, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

he's definately high, not too wide, but may have a good bit of mass. i can't make out the tine length. i guess you'll just have to to shoot him and show us!!!
Old 10-31-2005, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

If I see him, then hes mine lol
Old 11-01-2005, 02:28 AM
Typical Buck

are you saying you won't be huntin' after you move to Orlando?
that's ashame...there are some really good huntin' areas around here...yeah the deer are smaller and it's hard huntin' but soooooooo worth it...hopefully you'll get to hunt here....if you need any advice feel free to pm me.
Old 11-01-2005, 03:47 PM

yeah, his spread is not very big but he's got nice height to him! good luck to gettin one this year!