Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What happens if PETA got it's way? >

What happens if PETA got it's way?

Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What happens if PETA got it's way?

Old 10-20-2005, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default What happens if PETA got it's way?

I just got band from a site thats made up of tree hunger veggie lovers. Most of them were saying how happy they were about this 60 year old guy getting killed by a wounded deer. These people just make me sick.

It got me to thinking (I do that sometimes). What would the ramifications be to our society and the world as a whole if they get their way and NO animals are ever killed or used for any reason.

For one I don't see anyway we could feed ourselves or the people of the world on just plants. Many medicines are made from or because of animal research. That would mean thousands of people would now die. The land would be decimated from over population and starvation and disease would then kill off a large majority of many species. How would we ever grow enough crop with starving animals running around. The end of hunting would take out billions of dollars from the economy as well as the billions from the animal farming. Thousands or millionsof jobs would be lost. I'm sure there's many more things I'm not thinking of. I just wonder how great these clueless bunch of tree huggers think this would be or if they even think of what would really happen if they ever really got their way.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:15 PM

Default RE: What happens if PETA got it's way?

lalalalala hear no evil see no evil I prefer not to think that way
Old 10-20-2005, 08:43 PM

well it will be a cold day in hell before i give up hunting and i would die trieng to keep it legal!!
Old 10-20-2005, 08:46 PM

hunting has been around longer then peta so no worries. plus hunting generates more of an economy then peta.

Old 10-20-2005, 09:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know it will never happen but I was trying to think of what would happen if they got their wish. I wish someone much smarter than me could do a study to show these PETA types what the world would be like if the world was exactly the way they wanted. Then maybe they would see the light and see that hunters and the rest of the meat eaters have a purpose here on earth.
Old 10-20-2005, 09:55 PM

ORIGINAL: hoghunter22-250

well it will be a cold day in hell before i give up hunting and i would die trieng to keep it legal!!
DITTO

at least the car repair and car companies would make more money cause of the increase in animal related car accidents
Old 10-20-2005, 10:16 PM

quote:

ORIGINAL: hoghunter22-250

I second that opinion!!!
Old 10-21-2005, 04:56 AM
Dominant Buck

[:'(] Screw PETA , I'm not now nor ever will be a vegetarian !
How the hell can anybody even think that way ?

You can relax though , as flaky as those dip****s are they'll never gain enough credibility to get anywhere . The bigger concern in my book is the vastly larger and much better funded HSUS , by masquerading as the Humane Society they can sneak in under the radar and do real damage .
Old 10-21-2005, 06:44 AM

My thoughts on hunting.

Old 10-21-2005, 08:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

The areas of the world that have the biggest problems with food -- that is the most mouths to feed -- typically get the job done by feeding a diet dominated by vegetable products. If you have the choice of feeding vegetable food directly to people or indirectly by feeding an animal and then eating the animal, the direct feeding route is much more efficient. Of course, some animals can be fed on vegetable sources which are undigestible to human beings -- like what deer eat. Anyway, the "how will we feed ourselves if we don't eat meat!" argument isn't too strong.

Notwithstanding, I am not a PETA supporter, and their position seems simply ridiculous. Basically these people do not argue their points on any logical principles; they try to appeal to emotional sympathy with animals and then link that to how these animals are mistreated by humans. The basic logical point is "what is the status of animals versus human beings?" The Bible says something to the effect that man is to have dominion of all of nature. I take this to mean that nature is a means to human life and comfort. It is in our interest to manage our natural resources wisely and as conservators of a beautiful, rich world, but all of these things are ours to use. If you don't accept the Bible as the source of rational principle -- and I'm not tieing myself to it -- you can argue the same point independently. The value of human life is higher than animal life, thus animal life serves human life and comfort. How do I assert this value -- it is asserted by all of us, there is concensus. Except for a few PETA lunatics, if a human being and a dog both jump out from opposite sides of the road and you can miss one or the other of these obstacles but not both, we all choose to miss the human being and hit the dog with our car. Human beings have higher value. Once you pass this point, pretty much the rest follows. Human beings are more important than animals.

Quick Reply: What happens if PETA got it's way?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.