Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 What happens if PETA got it's way? >

What happens if PETA got it's way?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

What happens if PETA got it's way?

Old 10-21-2005, 12:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: What happens if PETA got it's way?

PETA has no clue about wildlife management. They once tried to sue the New Jersey fish and game dept because one of their bigwigs hit a deer with their car. They said that the F&G Dept was implementing policies that drastically increased the amount of deer, thus an increase in collisions. Anyone who hunts knows that is not the aim of deer management. Just another anti group trying to flex their political muscles.
Old 10-21-2005, 03:20 PM

I think its ironic, do the anti's know that revenue generated from hunters is what pays for the public wildlife areas and game preserves that they are watching the animals play on. at one time they wanted to dart deer in indiana to make them infertile, obviously they wouldnt get them all but they said that it would control over-population, when you get done laughing that off, here's the real sh!*-kicker. When asked about funding,

they wanted to use money generated fromHUNTING LICENSESandHUNTING MERCHANDISEto fund their opperation. they were quickly dismissed.

the bottom line is that they would have to spotlight deer to even dart them, because they wouldnt know how to get close to them. I would rather be killed by an arrow than starved to death or plagued with disease
Old 10-22-2005, 04:56 PM
Fork Horn

Here is a pretty interesting video on PETA. I must warn you that the language gets a little colorful, but the video puts everything into perspective.

http://media.putfile.com/petaBS
Old 10-22-2005, 10:08 PM

sling, that video is hilarious
Old 10-23-2005, 09:37 AM

I guess I would have to become a PETAtarian. Aint nothing like a nice grass fed PETA backstrap.

I belong to P.E.T.A (people eating tasty animals)
Old 10-24-2005, 11:46 PM

Hmmm I always thought PETA ment: People Eating Tasty Animals
Old 10-27-2005, 02:41 PM

Most of those furry creatures PETA claims to love and protect so much are, in reality, protected more by hunter's dollars than any other single cent from anywhere....especially those left wing idiots! i just ignore then as much as I can, if everyone else did, they, like an annoynig child, would go away.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lets say this did happen. Peta got its way, and hunting was banned. There would be no hunting or fishing licenses sold. Which means there would be no funding to pay conservation officers/game wardens. Then who's around to enforce the no hunting laws?
Old 10-27-2005, 06:04 PM
Typical Buck

If hunting is outlawed, then i will be an outlaw

They can take my bow when they pry it from my cold, dead hands[:@]
Old 10-27-2005, 08:22 PM

The government knows how much money hunters bring in thats why, they just deal with PETA, thats why hunting and fishing license prices doubled in indiana a couple of years ago, and thats why in the indiana hunting and trapping guide it states "It is unlawful for any person or group to interfere with the legal taking of a game animal." and quote #2 is from the nug, Ted Nugent " If you come between me and my quarry I will kill you!"

Quick Reply: What happens if PETA got it's way?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.