Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Uncle tags one

Old 10-18-2005, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Uncle tags one

Arrowed a nice doe yesterday. Wasn't so sure I wanted to go out in the rain, but it was just a constant drizzle, so I went.

All day on stand and when the drizzle ended, the deer were moving. Shot a nice size doe. Best thing was she ran towards the truck, laid down and the drag was about 200 yards.

She's skinned and in the cooler. To the butcher today.

I have to be proud of the shot, too. It seemed to go in slow motion. THUMP! Right thru the lungs.

Of course it wasn't as good of a shot as say, Mad&boringman would have made (he would have shot two or three deer with one arrow) but a good shot still.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Uncle tags one

congrats on the deer
Old 10-18-2005, 06:10 PM

NOONE could make a shot like him, but I'm sure that yours was adequite!! (HEHEHEHEHEHE)....Congrats on the nice doe, and the great shot!!

ps, did you chop down a tree to carve your arrow and long bow out of, did you chip away at a rock until it closely resembled the craftmanship of an indian, and did you make your fletchings out of a turkey that you chased down earlier in the day and killed with your bare hands.......mad would have!!
Old 10-18-2005, 06:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

way to go UM, good eatin
Old 10-18-2005, 08:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

BSTNFREEK:
ps, did you chop down a tree to carve your arrow and long bow out of, did you chip away at a rock until it closely resembled the craftmanship of an indian, and did you make your fletchings out of a turkey that you chased down earlier in the day and killed with your bare hands...
I sure did - just like Gran Pappy taught me in the good ol days!

And even though I am not a body builder, I could have picked her up and put her in the bed of a perfectly good pick up truck, but I built a giant lever from an oak tree and some vines and got her in there that way. Then I felt Gran Pappy's eyes upon me from above, probobly shaking his head in dissatisfaction. So I took her out and built a sled from the same wood and vines I had constructed the lever out of and dragged the sled home. Walked back and got the truck later.
Old 10-18-2005, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Stand? did you say stand???
Have you lost your mind man?

You sat in a stand when there was a perfectly uncomfortable dangerous limb in that tree?
Go to your room and don't come out until you apologize to the hunting gods

by the way CONGRATS
Old 10-18-2005, 08:56 PM
Giant Nontypical

LOL...congrats UM. Them deer steaks and chops will be goooood. Can you spot me some. I still have no deer in my freezer!
Old 10-18-2005, 09:08 PM
Giant Nontypical

Skeet, I had the loins and straps pulled out whole. All of the rest, yes everything is being made into about 20 rolls of summer sausage (10 regular mild & 10 spicy w/ crushed red pepper), italian sausages and brats. It is football season, ya know and there's planty of time in the near future to share w/ the guys in camp and around a fire.

I still have some of last years kills in the freezer.
Old 10-18-2005, 11:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

I still have some of last years kills in the freezer

Are you freezer aging that stuff. In my house a meal of beef is a rare occasion, usually a roast b/c I rarely do game roasts, except the odd deer sirloin tip for the smoker...so needless to say it never makes a new season. I amre-stocked with elk & moose but really getting a itch for some bacon wrapped deer straps on the barbe!

Sounds good, enjoy the eats (& football)&gt.
Old 10-19-2005, 09:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

Way to go uncle

Quick Reply: Uncle tags one

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.