Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Couldn't hold it, had to go

Old 10-18-2005, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Couldn't hold it, had to go

I try not to pee near where I hunt. If I do I cover it with dirt and spray it with cover up. I don`t know if it will spook deer or not but don`t want to take any chances.
Old 10-19-2005, 08:42 AM

deer can't tell the difference between your piss and their piss. If anything, they will bust out of the area because they smell you and not your piss. Charles Almsheier(?) states in one of his books that his pisses in every scarpe he finds. I have since done the same but have not had the time to really hunt over them. The ammonia in the piss is what the deer smell and if it is right after a rain storm, freshen up his scrape with your piss and watch him come in work it over, then nail him. Just piss where ever you want, deer smelling your piss is an old timers thing. Walking around and pissing somewhere else will just cause more of your scent to be spread around thus could allow the deer to avoid your area. Opening day in pa, I was in my stand and my buddy was on the ground about 60 yards away. He decided he was going to move from his spot to take a piss and ended up jumping a six point right to me. So stay put and piss where ever you want. It doesn't make a difference!
Old 10-19-2005, 08:43 AM

sry
Old 10-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Giant Nontypical

I take a leak in every scrape I see! The deer have no idea what kind of urine it is! They are curious!
Old 10-19-2005, 03:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I know this sounds strange...but I crapped from my stand last weekend and shot a buck within 10 -15 minutes later. Couldnt holde it any longer an went ahead and layed down some pooh. No worries

LOL!!!!

Same thing happened to a buddy of mine. He was in a climber and didn't think he could make it back down in time, so he got the idea to just hang out over the edge of the climber and let her rip. Only problem was he didn't hang over the edge quite far enough and "painted" his two week old climbing stand. We still remind him of that little episode every once in a while!
Old 10-19-2005, 05:01 PM
Dominant Buck

LOL that is funny! You ought to be in a jon boat in the middle of a lake and can't hold it for one more second.[][][]
Old 10-19-2005, 08:26 PM

No, I wasnt in a tree-stand. That would be quite a sight!. But, I was in a ground blind. Went outside the blind up-wind and let her rip. I'd been holdin that turd for about 2 days. And when she hit, well I was twirlin circles like my Labrador and looking out the corner of my eyes like he does too. My bro always laughs when my Lab needs to shat. He runs at breakneck speed slams on the breaks...then starts spinnin his arse round his forepaws and looks out the cornes of his eyes!!
Old 10-19-2005, 10:03 PM

I heard it's a wives tale. I have a friend who pees on all of his scrapes, and so does his cousin...and let's just say, they've done PRETTY WELL!
Old 10-20-2005, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

All urine has the same base. I pee in every scrape I come to. I have pictures taken of a 140 class after I peed in his scrape. I have had scrapes doubled in size after peeing in them. I would like to find volunteer women(not on the pill)to use their urine taken during ovulation in scrapes to see what that does to bucks. If any women posters do this please keep me informed.
Old 10-20-2005, 06:14 PM

only way i can get my wife to pee outside is if she has a couple logs to put her butt cheeks on, I have pee'd right out of my climber and it doesnt seem to effect the deer unless they are standing under you when you go,(happened to me once) and a number 2 seems to just make them curious. so as soon as i get the funding i am going into the cover scent business.

Quick Reply: Couldn't hold it, had to go

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.