Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Can Some1 Help A Guy Out?

Old 10-14-2005, 02:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Can Some1 Help A Guy Out?

ok i need some help
[/align]i have been scouting for about 2 weeks really hard this year because last year i came up empty handed...

[/align]ok i havnt seen any deer or any deer tracks or signs of deer

[/align]i have found scrapes in evergreens but ....they are on the ground though.....i dunno if rabbits ate the bark off or not.....

[/align]i got a trail cam set up and it has nothing on it yet

[/align]well what should i do to help me to find if there are n e deer inthere ?

[/align]i put a photo of the land i will be hunting

[/align]all of that is timber andthe dark spot in the photo is where i will be hunting at ( it is a patch of evergreen, also where i got my 1st deer) i have 3 spots in there but i dunno if there are n e deer in there

[/align][/align]there are 3 stands along that south fence where i have seen 4 deer heading to the pond

[/align]i was in the far southeast corner stand by the ditches intersection

[/align]btw that field is a wheat field surrounded by corn fields and pasture to the north

[/align][/align]ok i got 2 ?s for u people

[/align]1) where should i hunt at ?

[/align]2) how can i maxamize the chance of me finding where deer are

[/align][/align][/align]if you have an analysis to what i can do please help me....i am in need of some huting help.....

[/align]should i bait them to see what i get on cam ?

[/align]how should i get there quietly ?(the strait up north house by the pond is mine)
Old 10-14-2005, 06:17 PM

Default RE: Can Some1 Help A Guy Out?

Check the fences surrounding your property. There will be gamehighways(don't konw how else to describe it.) You'll see obvious game trails more so than you will looking on this property due to limited places game prefer to move through fences. If I were you, I would stand hunt along a fence line over looking a field. Don't crowd the trail though. I would give it atleast 75 yards.