Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

how do you guy do it

Old 10-12-2005, 04:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default how do you guy do it

some of you guys say that you get 1 inch to 1 3/4 inch groups at a hundred yards i can barely get it in a 4 by 5 sqaure do you guys use a bench or free hand it or what cause im jelous lol or am i a bad shot
Old 10-12-2005, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: how do you guy do it

I use a bench, sand bags and sometimes a stationary stand for holding the gun while shooting. but that being said I always try to practice some shooting off handed or just using a minimal rest like I would in the field. Out in the field I always try to find a tree limb, fence post or the ground with my backpack as a rest.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:08 PM

When Iam sighting in I rest on the hood of a truck. Other than that it is all what I can find in the woods.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think all of the super tight groups are shot from a bench or other solid stationary rest. Get the rifle and scope right and then if there is a miss you will know where to place the blame.
Old 10-12-2005, 05:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

The only wayI can shoot 1" or less groups is a bench and sand bags, Your heart beat will make your shots vary an inch even in bags and bench, You really can't see the movement from your heart beat unless you are shooting ahigh power scope, On my 3X9's you never see it, on the 6X24's you can see plainly how much your heartbeat moves your point of aim.
Old 10-12-2005, 06:10 PM

ditto on the rest for super-tight groups. I load and shoot about 2500 rounds per year from 3 different rifles and try to shoot from various positions as much as possible, but sandbagging and shooting sub-1" groups (100 yds) is so much fun. The best I can do offhand is about 3"(on a very good day). If your rifle won't shoot under 2", try a few different loads, some guns "like" one particular powder/bullet over another. If this doesn't work, you may have a problem with your set up
Old 10-12-2005, 06:33 PM
Typical Buck

i shot tight little groups at 25 yards but when i get out ot 1 hundred its like in a 5 inch group thats with a kind of rest not the best you still wobble but not as much i probly wont take shot out that far ne way but just wondering how ppl do it im thinking i suck at shooting or somthing im 16 i got alot of time to improve
Old 10-12-2005, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have this one and it works great but it's only as good as the table you set it on.

Old 10-12-2005, 06:41 PM
Typical Buck

what kind is that and how much does it go for
Old 10-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's a Steady Point by Shooters Ridge. I gave $89 for it at a local gun shop.

http://www.exploreproducts.com/shoot...triflerest.htm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.