Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

rediculas

Old 10-13-2005, 06:53 PM

Default RE: rediculas

I agree and disagree. People tend to over do it, but thats them. They aren't idiots. I keep things simple, but I wouldn't trade some new things, like my therma cell for anything.

Also, the land deal. Well here in the Southeast you can thank the timber companies for that. After they started buying up all the land, they seen a way to make money off of it by charging hunters. So, there came the invention of clubs and with clubs came all the land getting posted. Not to mention some hee haa tresspassing, falling in a hole and sueing them.

I personally think we all need to worry about the future of hunting and not the past. Land is getting scarce in many state. Anti's are getting bigger and bigger.

One of the biggest things where I hunt is the rich people buying all the land. I mean, how many thousands of acres can one man hunt?[:@]
Old 10-13-2005, 06:56 PM

if you don't hunt exactly like me, ...Deleted by CalHunter...
Nope, not all. But if you spend all kinds of money on **** you don't need then I think ...Deleted by CalHunter....

Mossy oak jacket: he needed a jacket for hunting because he didn't want his "normal" jacket to get dirty, bloody and smelly. So he bought a jacket just for hunting. He found that many jackets with the features he wanted (synthetic insulation - better for wet), quiet fabric, etc. happen to be made in camo so he bought it
A good warm regular jacket from wal mart will do just as good as a 200 dollar mossy oak jacket. But I don't expect you guys to know that because you wouldn't set foot in wal mart, you only go to basspro and cabelas for the real expensive stuff.

(synthetic insulation - better for wet), quiet fabric, etc. happen to be made in camo so he bought it
You don't need "synthetic" insulation. If its rainning wear a rain coat. Quiet fabric.........?? YOu really do fall for the marketing ads for these things don't you??

Well, I don't know if you can spend $400, but maybe it's the one that he felt was safest and easiest to carry in the tough areas he hunts
If the amount of money one spends depends on how safe they feel, then maybe they should take up another hobbie.

What's wrong with shooting a deer with a 300 mag
Nothing at all is wrong, whats wrong is ...Deleted by CalHunter... have these big rifles and think they are Tom Beranger in the movie Sniper and try to shoot deer out at 300 yards. thats lunicy to me.

Maybe he needs a high power scope for his other hunting
What the hell would he be hunting? ...Deleted by CalHunter...

Obviously you have very limited experience in hunting and don't realize that there's legitimate reasons for all this stuff; just because you have never had the need doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
I have plenty of experience. I have no use for all the ...Deleted by CalHunter... thats out there. No one else does either, they just think they do. I can or have killed just as many deer as you in your 400 dollar stand, sitting on the ground in work jeans and an old tee-shirt.

So you recommend climbing a tree and sitting on a limb while holding a firearm ?...Deleted by CalHunter...
If you have any sense you wouldn't climb a tree with the gun loaded .

Sounds like you'relike those ...Deleted by CalHunter... who use excessive firepower and ridiculously waste money on guns they don't need!
This one gets me, ...Deleted by CalHunter... If I said I bought a 7mm 5 years ago, and still have the same box of shells 5 years later after a few dead bucks and shooting a few times before the season to make sure my scope is still on target..........why would I be "one of thos ...Deleted by CalHunter... that use excessive firepower?????? did you try to attempt to read the rest of the thread. If your going to critisize, atleast lets have the WHOLE story and not just parts of it. I never miss, I never have had to shoot more than once, I have always killed the deer dead in his tracks. where do you get that from? I really want to know, has all that deer ...Deleted by CalHunter... you bought from cabelas ...Deleted by CalHunter...

I have an idea! Why don't we go back in time 50 years and live like your grandfather. OK everyone, are you ready?
the world would be alot better off if we did.

Throw away any medicine that was invented in the last 50 years. That includes heart medicine, cancer therapy, newer and better insulin, and every bit of epilepsy medicine! Life will be better then!
Now your just being immature and rediculas. Grow up.
Old 10-13-2005, 07:32 PM

Wow, I think this post is getting a little out of hand. Ya'll know that kids read this stuff, right?

If you want people to hunt like your grandfather, teach your kids his ways. Get new people into hunting and teach them his ways.

A lot of things such as stands are a lot safer than back then. Bullets are faster, arrows are lighter. If you want to put down "modern hunters" all together, then you are no better than anyone else, neither is your grandfather. The ultimate "traditional" hunter would be the Indians or cave men. They killed animals with tools they made, while wearing little if any clothes.

I envy my grandfather too. He is the one who got me into hunting when I was only about 4 or 5. He is the first to take me, the first I was with when I seen my first deer. The one I was with when I killed my first deer. He also hunted with a 30-30 and a 1100. Before that he used only the remington with the button, i can't remember the model with buckshot..not slugs. But I don't critize everyone else for not being like him.

It doesn't matter if someone shoots a davy crocket black powder or a .50cal sniper rifle, if they aren't good at what they use, then yes they will miss and wound. I do agree that you should be good at what you use and some people do think that a $1,000 scope is going to make them better and make up for lack of time at the range. Fact is, if you don't practice, you could miss with a nuke.

As far as the name calling and stuff goes. Just think what a PETA member would do with this thread.

I have a business degree, so yes, I will be the first to tell you that a lot of things out there are gimics that are for the hunters and not deer. Most people don't even realize the research that goes into marketing products to customers. Do you know why most fast food resturants use bright colors? Such as red and yellow? Psy's claim it causes hunger.

Its like this, to him, his own. Going on forums and starting arguments with other hunters just b/c they don't agree with you isn't a good sign of maturity on anyone's part.

Just go out and have a good time in the woods.

Old 10-13-2005, 07:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mad.,
Why did you buy the 7MM? You don't need it do you? If you spend your money on things that you don't need you are an idiot right?
Why did you kill those 5 bucks with the 7mm? The 30-30 was all you need right?

Please show me where I said that you climbed the tree with a loaded firearm. You're the one with the high reading level right? so show me.

I bought 3 of my 4 guns at WalMart. So who are you talking to when you say "you guys" You are not generalizing are you? lumping all hunters that are not you into one group.

How do you know what someone else has use for. That's what you said right? that you dont have any use for all that **** out there and no one else does. So are you telling me that someone hunting out west in open country has no use for more than a 30-30? Sure you can get close. I'm surprised you don't use a knife
Do you own a TV? radio, Cell phone, Computer? Now tell me why you NEED them because remember if you buy something you don't need then your an idiot.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:00 PM

Madboar your whole post is an oxymoron. Bitching about people hunting with newtechnology on the interent does not do much to support your argument. I doubt your grandpa had any internet, computers, etc.....
Old 10-13-2005, 08:10 PM

Why did you buy the 7MM? You don't need it do you? If you spend your money on things that you don't need you are an idiot right?

It was a present from my wife, instien.

Why did you kill those 5 bucks with the 7mm? The 30-30 was all you need right?
The gun was free from my wife, I wanted to use it. Yes the 30-30 is all I need. that is what I use.

Please show me where I said that you climbed the tree with a loaded firearm.
Opps, I am sorry you said

So you recommend climbing a tree and sitting on a limb while holding a firearm ?(and we are idiots)
thats even more rediculas. theres nothing wrong with that. what's the idiotic part about that?? I don't see one.

I'm surprised you don't use a knife
I would very much like to.

Do you own a TV? radio, Cell phone, Computer?
Thats funny. I have no use for any of that. When I first married for the first 5 years we had no tv or phone. I did not see any need for it. And I do not have a cell phone becaue guess what? I don't need it. And if you drive and talk on it at the same time you don't need one either.

if you buy something you don't need then your an idiot.
thats correct, your begining to learn something after all.

So are you telling me that someone hunting out west in open country has no use for more than a 30-30?
No they need a sling-shot because they are idiots. why do that when you can hunt deer close and safe and for a sure kill shot at close range in the woods and not in open country. Not to mention to answer your question again, people wouldn't settle for a 7mm. In open country idiots would be trying to buy a tank or maybe an AH-64 apatchie.

Madboar your whole post is an oxymoron.
YOu must be one of the kids someone was talking about that gets on here and reads the stuff on this site. My post clearly has a straight forward body.

Bitching about people hunting with newtechnology on the interent does not do much to support your argument.
sorry to rain on your moment of clearity but the two have nothing to do with each other.

I doubt your grandpa had any internet, computers, etc.....

No he didn't and you know why?? Because there was he had no use for it. If he was alive today, he wouldn't have any use for it.
[/quote]
Old 10-13-2005, 08:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Are you telling me that your wife bought something neither you nor her need?
What have you been calling that type of person?
Now go appologize to her immediately

So for the first 5 years of your marriage you were not an idiot. Now you are since you have a TV you don't need?
Old 10-13-2005, 08:33 PM
Fork Horn

why do that when you can hunt deer close and safe and for a sure kill shot at close range in the woods and not in open country.
uhm...not spoiling on yer little parade here, there are many parts of the country there's not a single tree for miles...maybe you don't know cause you probably have no car..you prolly never been anywhere , i guess hrose and buggy isn't that quick afterall

btw ...you had no use for a TV phone and/or cell phone and prolly still not , so what are you doing online ? you all of a sudden *need* a computer ?

listen this thread is going way out of hand... everyone should do what every wants to do , that keeps the economy alive...if you feel you have a better chance with a camo jacket then with a regular jacket, then by all means go for it. if you can afford it why not ?.

If i would feel that i would have a better chance with a camo jacket wich i do , i wear one...i feel better that way when i'm hunting...there's no worser feeling sitting in the woods not feeling 100% confident...that's how deer get wounded...
Old 10-13-2005, 08:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

As demonstrated soon after landing here, we have an individual with some anti-social tendencies here. Probobly not worth bickering with. Hissy fit could ensue.

mad&boringman:
i'd like to thank all the people who replied to this thread. a real classy website. I bet your the same way in person, when someone ask you a question, you prolly just ignore them as you walk off.
Old 10-13-2005, 08:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Watch it boys! Best tred lightly and watch your backs. This dog sez he's got some bite for after the bark. (squeel little piggy!)

mad&boringman:
i just received my bid to compete in the IBBF bodybuilding nationals next year. I figure my pencile neck makes up for your whole scrawney body.
I think we would all like to think of back when it was so simple and romantic. But times have changed alot. No one sez you have to go with the changes. it is a wonderful world where you can pick and choose how you want to do things. No one will force anything down your throat - so just try and calm down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.