Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
Treelounge?  What do you think? >

Treelounge? What do you think?

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Treelounge? What do you think?

Old 10-03-2002, 11:50 AM
Fork Horn

Default Treelounge? What do you think?

Does anyone own a treelounge? What do you think of it? I just got one for a present and am going to practice setting it up this weekend. I have a buddie that says they are awsome for comfort, but setting it up can take a few minutes. Since its my first stand, I wanted to get some impressions on it besides the advetisements on it.

Ron Starr
Old 10-03-2002, 09:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Treelounge? What do you think?

I have one. Its an awesome stand man. Little more time probably to get it up but once your up there its like sitting in your lazyboy. I feel super safe in it. Its built sturdy. The safety belt attaches to the stand not the tree, so what does that tell ya, that baby ain't going anywhere if you use it properly. Haven't bow hunted out of mine yet but I'm gonna try that out this weekend. Some say they dont like how it sways when ya stand up? I'll see for myself Saturday. You got the best stand on the market. When them Summit hunters are packing it in early cause there stands are killing them, you'll be up in your lazyboy waiting for them to run you all the deer.
Old 10-04-2002, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

I did have one and like Wodrow 88 said there is nothing else to compare with it in comfort I didnt like to bow hunt out of it just didnt like the sway when I stood up. The one I had was one of the older ones and heavy so after I had a heartattack I sold it. But for a gun stand the best around.
Old 10-04-2002, 08:17 AM

I have an old version of the stand(5 years old). And for comfort, they cannot be beat!! But, they are extremely heavy once you add on all the little extras to bowhunt out of. Noise is big problem setting them up. The back brace bolts will rake against the inside of the holes they go into, making a terrible racket. Nothing worse than scraping the threads of bolts inside a hollow aluminum tube to chase the deer away!! I have never had a problem with mine swaying on me, and feel totally safe when in the stand. I would strongly suggest to permantly attach it to a tree if possible with shielded aircraft cable. It is easy to do. Take 2, 5 foot pieces of the cable(with loops on each end) and thread through each back brace so that equal lengths hang out the ends. HINT--Making your own cable is easier, due to the fact that you need to make the loops on the end of each cable after you thread it through the back braces. Use only good, heavy hammer-crimp clasps to make the loop. Otherwise, the U-bolt clasps can be undone. Hang your stand normally on the tree. Take each loop and put it down through the triangular spaces created by the "gripping cleats", side rails, and seat brace. Then, put a good Master Lock on it, connecting the loops together. Do the same procedure to the foot climber. This way the lock hangs down under the stand, and completly out of the way and quiet when climbing. I leave mine on the tree all season long with no problems. The aircraft cable is next to impossible to cut in the field due to the individual strands that move around too much on a hacksaw blade.(Trust me!!---I tried to cut it, torch it, shoot it, ect. before I was to hang a $500 stand in the timber all season long!!) Good Luck!!

Edited by - richie3 on 10/04/2002 09:19:28
Old 10-04-2002, 11:58 AM

I bought one of the older tree lounges about 5 yrs ago. At the time it was the best stand I ever saw or used. I do agree, however, it is heavy and does take a bit longer to set up. I bought the wheels that go with it. Have used them several times to assist me in bringing deer deep out of the backcountry. Also bought the bow hunters accessories. Be sure to get a bow holder and gun holder. I use mine for both bow and gun hunting. Practice will help reduce the noise when setting it up. Nearly impossible to fall from but i still wear the safety belt. Have spent many a fall afternoon asleep above 20 ft up a tree. No fear AT ALL of falling. Have taken 9 deer from my tree lounge. From what i hear though, the new tree lounges are allot lighter. But, you cant argue with sucess. Enjoy and good luck...
Old 10-04-2002, 12:14 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah I got the new one. Its 19 pounds, add the bowhunting adapter to it and I think its like 25 pounds. That aint bad, it packs good and tight too. I bought the padded carrying straps and it helps alot. You can't beat there service either.
Old 10-04-2002, 03:57 PM

me and my buddy have one and its the best stand ive ever been in even if it take time to set it up once you do it a few times you will only get quicker and learn the tricks to setting it faster good luck and happy hunting to a new owner of the greatest tree stand around