Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

First Year

Old 09-26-2005, 09:54 AM

Default First Year

I'm only a few days from 13, and this is going to be my first year deer hunting. I've never been hunting before. I got my hunting tags few months ago. I've already went hunting for small game this year, but we'll wating for big game such as deer. I live in southern ohio, and I'll be hunting. Since I'm new to hunting could anyone give me tips, and stuff. The few times I've been hunting has been great. I've been squalre hunting, I'll be going deer hunting during bow, and gun. I have a cross bow right now, and I got a 12GA for my birthday. My 12GA is a bump action with 2 brawels. I'm sorry for the bad spelling, but I'm not a good speller.
Old 09-26-2005, 10:06 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: First Year

Bighunter, you did'nt mention anything about
Hunter Safety Course, that would be my first
advise to you. This I don't understand "My 12GA is a bump action with 2 brawels."
Is it legal to hunt with a cross bow in your state?

Are you going by yourself? Have you any friends that
can teach you?
Old 09-26-2005, 10:13 AM

I'm hunting with my moms boyfriend, and yes I did take my hunter safty course. Yes, it's legal to hunt with a cross bow in ohio. It's a 12 gauge with 2 bowels. It's pump action.
Old 09-26-2005, 01:19 PM
Typical Buck

Welcome to the greatest sport on earth. Enjoy your first time out, good or bad you will always remember it. The best teachers are a seasoned hunter and time in the field. I have been around for 35 years, 25 of which have been spent hunting, and every year I learn something new. Remember, any day in the woods is better than a day spent inside. Good luck. By the way, you'll never forget your first experience gutting out a deer either (I hope it's not gut shot).
Old 09-26-2005, 03:47 PM
Boone & Crockett

Good luck ,Be safe,always ID your target and only take killing shots,Honor and respect the animal.
Old 09-26-2005, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Be patient and still. When shooting either your bow or gun pick a spot on theanimal to aim at. Don't shoot for the pile. Remember "Aim Small Miss Small!!
Old 09-26-2005, 05:38 PM
Giant Nontypical

WELCOME BIGHUNTER TO A GREAT FRATERITY ... ALWAYS HUNT WITH THE WIND IN YOUR FACE AND SHOOT'EM WHERE THERE THE BIGGEST ...

ROLL TIDE
DD

Old 09-26-2005, 06:35 PM

Good luck ,Be safe,always ID your target and only take killing shots,Honor and respect the animal.
It pisses me off, but the last part of this sentence is one of the most important things in hunting, but yet its often the most disreguarded.

Be patient and still.
Thank you for writing that. I have been hunting all of my life and still have trouble with both of those, esp the patient part. Patience in deer hunting? Try chasing around ahenned up gobbler all day.[&:]

I am not sure if hunting with a shot gun is legal in IL or not. If you are going to be still hunting, you said that your gun came with two barrels. I am sure one is a slug barrel. You want to use it for deer hunting with slugs.

One of the most important things is getting out in the woods and getting the feel of everything. Another is questions. Theres no such thing asa bad question.
Old 09-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Typical Buck

i think you mean 2 barrels not 2 bowels unless you plan on going to the bathroom twice
Old 09-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Dominant Buck

.Table of Contents - Official Online Hunting Safety Course for ...
3.11 Matching Choke to Your Quarry - Chart 3.12 Patterning Your Shotgun ...
3.17 Shooting 3.18 Firing a Semi-Automatic Handgun with FLASH Animation ...

http:/www.hunter-ed.com/sc/course/table_of_contents.htm
New Window-www.hunter-ed.com/sc/course/table_of_contents.htm][/url]Similar Sites-Archived

Quick Reply: First Year

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.