Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

Who is Dr. Gary Alt?

Old 09-24-2005, 11:10 AM

Default Who is Dr. Gary Alt?

Sorry. I don't know who this guy is.
Old 09-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Who is Dr. Gary Alt?

Pennsylvania Game Commission - State Wildlife Management Agency ...
HARRISBURG - Dr. Gary Alt, Pennsylvania Game Commission Deer Management Section
supervisor, and his wife, Sharon Alt, recently were presented with the ...

http:/www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?A=11&Q=156474
New Window-www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?A=11&Q=156474][/url]Similar Sites-Archived
Old 09-24-2005, 02:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

politically Educated person with little common sense,but smart enough to get a 60,000 dollar a year pension
Old 09-25-2005, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gary Ault was a Pennsylvania Game Commission Biologist. He is the man responsible for the great bear population we have in this state today. Gary’s knowledge and expertise in bear research turned around Pa’s. bear population from no hunting in the 70’s, to limited licenses in the 80’s and today unlimited licenses with bear in just about every county in the state. And not just more bear, but some of the largest black bear in the nation. Since Gary was able to do this with the bruins, why not deer? The answer to that is that Gary was given free reign on the black bear population. When he took over as the whitetail program he first had to win over the trust of the Pa. hunters. This was next to impossible due to the years and years of pure BS from Mr. Undek. And next, where he had free reign with bear he was under the thumb of Tricky Ed Rendell, and Vernon Ross with Gary as the puppet. He never had a chance at this position with all the politics.
Old 09-25-2005, 02:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

He was our deer management supervisor but he retired last year among all of the controversy surrounding how to manage our herd.
Old 12-09-2009, 07:25 AM
Spike

Default gary alt

Gary alt program with great help from Gonverner ed and the P.A game commission have probley reduece the pa deer heard by 2/3rds as of 2009 by adding a concurrent ( buck doe season ) and point restrictions . what it has done is turned deer hunters to doe hunters with more posted land (as of lack of deer ).There are some big bucks but they are getting fewer and no more doe heard to reproduce the heard .And the worst part is the game commission is still trying to take more deer by passing the new 2009 crossbow law to try to get more deer out of residental areas .Then there,s are P.A hunting digest that quite the joke . I have hunted this year 100 hours this year (and counting as of dec8 2009 ) and have seen 9 deer 9 deer no kills. I know of about 100 hunters that are using there harvest report cards as survey cards .not because of kills jot down a little note and mail it in (free MAILING) as these go right to the game commission .Great hunting if you can find deer
Old 12-09-2009, 08:25 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bob6x
Gary alt program with great help from Gonverner ed and the P.A game commission have probley reduece the pa deer heard by 2/3rds as of 2009 by adding a concurrent ( buck doe season ) and point restrictions . what it has done is turned deer hunters to doe hunters with more posted land (as of lack of deer ).There are some big bucks but they are getting fewer and no more doe heard to reproduce the heard .And the worst part is the game commission is still trying to take more deer by passing the new 2009 crossbow law to try to get more deer out of residental areas .Then there,s are P.A hunting digest that quite the joke . I have hunted this year 100 hours this year (and counting as of dec8 2009 ) and have seen 9 deer 9 deer no kills. I know of about 100 hunters that are using there harvest report cards as survey cards .not because of kills jot down a little note and mail it in (free MAILING) as these go right to the game commission .Great hunting if you can find deer
Just thought you should know...almost everything you said is completely false, oh and its deer herd, not deer heard.
Old 12-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Spike

he is the the man responsible for the sport we used to call hunting. In bedford county the population is way down, yet they want you to kill three deer a year. when will they realize you can't keep pounding the does. we hunt on posted land and its no different. pa is in the same mess as wisconsin and some other states. they are going to ruin one of the states oldest traditions.

Last edited by jrob_bfd; 12-09-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:03 AM
Typical Buck

He and the PGC have raped the state of its deer population. I equate them as aidding all the anti-hunters because they have wiped out the hunting in this state under teh name of wildlife management. I was raised in PA and learned to hynt their. I used to go from VA to PA every year to hunt but now it is not worth the money or time. check with any hunter in any area of this fine state and you will get the same answer. Mr Alt and the PGC have decimated hunting there and it will take many years to even bring it back to its heyday. He had his chance and blew it. I will no longer spend any money or time in hunting in this state as they do not understand the term management of the rescources.