Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Whitetail Deer Hunting
 what  should  i do about  my killed deer >

what should i do about my killed deer

Community
Whitetail Deer Hunting Gain a better understanding of the World's most popular big game animal and the techniques that will help you become a better deer hunter.

what should i do about my killed deer

Old 09-23-2005, 08:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what should i do about my killed deer

ORIGINAL: longrifle1000

Dang, I can tell season is getting close. Some of you guys are acting like jacka$$es.

Ditto!
Old 09-23-2005, 08:38 PM
Typical Buck

gotta take care of da meat man!!!! class can wait
Old 09-23-2005, 08:39 PM
Spike

ORIGINAL: deerhunter1224

I am a college student there will be some weekends that I will come home to hunt on the weekends. Say I get a deer on Sunday night what should I do if I have class on Monday?
Play hookie anddo your part as a responsible hunter. If you were to stick a deer at dusk and couldn't find it, I would hope you would be out there at first light and try to locate it. If this isn't possible then forfeit your Sunday hunts until you are able.

Old 09-23-2005, 08:42 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: heeze gutshot shortee

HEY HOG...pass me sum of dat corn squeezins.....what the ...hey. are you on the right page?? Youre talkin FLAUDA and heeze Indiana JONEZEZ KID
You call it corn squeezins and we call it white lighting!
Old 09-23-2005, 09:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Look up a butcher between your hunting area and school. If you have to butcher yourself, see what your heart tells you on Saturday night. If niether is an option, plan on leaving the woods a little early on Sunday.
Old 09-23-2005, 09:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

do the right thing, for every person it will be different, if i couldn't miss school, i would skip the sunday evening hunt, if i could afford to miss the class i'd hunt, i mean how many of those sunday evening hunts are going to turn into deer anyway, only you can answer these questions, if it was me i'd hunt, you can go to school anytime, plus schools not rely that mportent neway
Old 09-23-2005, 10:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

Being your in collegeI am sure your familar with the term "Pulling an all nighter!!". I have had many a late night and still made the next days events due to hunting. Just like christmas only comes once a year so what is a few less winks...really! If your not comfortable with butchering, then either show upa little late for class on monday or have a pal or family member drop it a butcher for you the next am.
Old 09-24-2005, 01:06 AM
Fork Horn

There are many ways to respond to your question.
The term "Pulling an all nighter!!". is the best response.
Keep in mind that when the weather is cold/freezing that a fresh carcus can be hung for several days. I have hung a moose for a week and the meat was fine. The meat is easier to cut when somewhat frozen. Basically skin the carcus and remove any hair/blood. Good luck!
Old 09-24-2005, 01:49 AM
Boone & Crockett

GIVE IT TO ME
Old 09-24-2005, 03:07 AM
Typical Buck

rebel hog what part of fl are you hunting everywhere i have hunted in fl if you use a one-eye dog to hunt they will put your but under the jail with out the white lighting but in some of fl they call it stump water

Quick Reply: what should i do about my killed deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.